Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Why is the Stetson Whippet so prized?

Aureliano

I'll Lock Up
As promised, my entry ticket to the Whippet Club House ;) I'm dashing out to work here so had to be quick, but gives you and idea of what a lovely shape and attitude this wee fella has (the hat - not me!).
WHIPPET005.jpg

Might be just the angle but it looks like it fits you a tad big... I see the liner there... Sharp look nonetheless.

HatsEnough

Banned
I'd say the Whippet is so prized because it is the quintessential fedora. It has the perfect look and style of what people imagine when they think "fedora." It is from the most famous hat company in the world made during the pinnacle of that company's capabilities and success.

Vintage ones are just plentiful enough to be obtainable, but just rare enough to be just a little hard to find. I think it fits right in there as one of the most collectable hats because of all these factors.

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
Might be just the angle but it looks like it fits you a tad big... I see the liner there... Sharp look nonetheless.
Looks good enough to be on a Magazine cover.

I have no whippet yet[huh] and have thought about buying a new one, yet want to try to hunt a vintage down before I make that move. There have been a few very clean nice whippets on eBay, but most of them have been far too small. I like how they look for all the aspects of the hat, nice brim, not tapered too much and the finished edge on the brim. It just seems to bring it all together, like the complete meal!

EggHead

Practically Family
The is one Whippet on ebay right now, in my size, I've bid on it, but when it went over $50, decided not to go further. Seller warns that the crown is soiled, in the pictures it looks like badly washed out bird poop.
How would one deal with bird poop? does it damage the felt?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24