Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Why were the 70s such a tacky decade?

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
The only man I ever saw actually wear one of those neck-scarf things was that guy from Scooby Doo. Puke-colored suits, however, did show up here around the middle of the decade, and you still see them from time to time.

Same here! It's like any time period, most people do not dress like the magazines! I asked my mother if she ever saw a Zoot Suiter in Iowa, I don't need to tell you her answer!

Actually, that is from the 80s.

Shellsuits remind me of serial sexual predators like this POS who made them his trademark.

31583.jpg

Absolutley VC ^^^^^

it's hello to Freaky World today!

Lordee above.... ......never mind the 1970s!

Yes, it's enough to make your head explode. So on that note, here's a little something fitting by a couple of comedy icons of the '70s.

[video=youtube;ODTAATrM1Fs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ODTAATrM1Fs[/video]

vitanola

I'll Lock Up
Yes it was. That bowtie looks like a propeller---it is so damned big. What was it back then with the big bow ties? They look stupid.
Oh yes and who stole the gold Lamé drapes for that dress? lol lol

The bow tie makes the fellow look as if he had been gift-wrapped.

Gold lame' draperies?. Never heard of the like. Must be a California thing, to go with all of those off-white houses.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner