Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Will a setting destroy my perm?

Elina

New in Town
Hello all

I permed my hair in the beginning of august, to give it a bit more of a wavy look and to give it more volume. My har is quite fine, and soft...."scandinavian hair" as it's called.

I used to set my hair before, sleepin in rag rollers or using hot sticks to get that vintage look. But I haven't dared to try it again since I permed my hair, because I'm not sure if I will destroy my perm by setting my hair? I mean, Im afraid that my hair will loose it's volume and wave if I sleep with rag rollers or use hotsticks...

Anyone that have any ideas or suggestions or answers? Can I set my hair?

MissHannah

One Too Many
I know our Fleur has a perm and she still sets her hair - in fact she says it makes her sets last much longer.

Smuterella

One Too Many
Lordy no, its called a perm because its permanent :)

When you wash it it will go back its pre-set state.

Fleur De Guerre

Call Me a Cab
Heavens no - that has always been the point of a perm - you have it done then continue to set with better and longer-lasting results. It will do absolutely nothing to your perm, but your perm will do wonders for your set. :)

ZombieGirl

One of the Regulars
:eek:fftopic: Well I'm partly Scandinavian and my hair is thick and straight. Wonder what kind of hair I have... German?

Amy Jeanne

Call Me a Cab
The only thing that will "destroy" your perm is it growing out or it getting cut off. Sets are fine. It should only enhance the effect!! :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran