Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Will and Amanda @ Aero

JLStorm

Practically Family
Will and Amanda always amaze me at their level of service. I have no doubt that I have emailed Amanda 200 times over the last few years and always a prompt response. I have spoken to her and Will on the phone a few times and they have been the most accommodating people, as if they woke up that morning with the sole intention of serving me as a customer specifically. Whether its ordering a new jacket or altering an existing jacket, the 4 times I have either ordered or had something changed, they have been the best company I have ever worked with.

I always go through Aero in Scotland, I always deal with Amanda and Will, and I always have jackets custom designed from the ground up. They have never failed to amaze me even when they do custom work to an existing jacket.

Ok, Im done. I just got off the phone with Will, as he is making some changes to an existing jacket that I have there and I just had to share my opinion.

Lear

One of the Regulars
Same here as well. Great customer service & fast response times :eusa_clap

Lear

Southernwayfare

One of the Regulars
+1. I had a couple of minor issues with my Cheyenne. Amanda graciously and patiently worked with me to get everything solved. In the end I have a kicka$$ coat that I love! Great people. Great company. :eusa_clap

Navin323i

Practically Family
Nothing but positive experience from me. My Aero jacket currently on order marks the first time I'm dealing directly with Will and Amanda (my previous jacket was thru Aeroleather USA which was also a great experience).

Will and Amanda are both amazing people. I've chatted with them over the phone now numerous times and also chatted with the kind lady who made my Aero NYPD jacket (Moira) whom I thanked profusely for making me the best fitting jacket ever. :)

Will and Amanda have earned my business and loyalty for life. :)

Cheers,
Navin

DanielCoffey

Familiar Face
Navin323i said:
I've chatted with them over the phone now numerous times and also chatted with the kind lady who made my Aero NYPD jacket (Moira) whom I thanked profusely for making me the best fitting jacket ever. :)

Moira was the lady who worked on my LHB too!

I've only had a few opportunities to wear it so far for short walks because we seem to be getting a late burst of summer sun in Scotland at last. Amanda was great about taking all my details and patiently explained the options on the jacket. Delivery time was well within their estimate too despite catching their two-week august shutdown.

Navin323i

Practically Family
DanielCoffey said:
Moira was the lady who worked on my LHB too!

I've only had a few opportunities to wear it so far for short walks because we seem to be getting a late burst of summer sun in Scotland at last. Amanda was great about taking all my details and patiently explained the options on the jacket. Delivery time was well within their estimate too despite catching their two-week august shutdown.

That's great to hear, Daniel. :)

Moira is definitely cool to chat with... friendly person. For Aero jacket #2 on order now, I asked Amanda and Will to have Moira make that jacket for me too. :)

Windward

Practically Family
I love them over 15 Years !!!

Agree to all of your statements - :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap always the very best experience - nothing compares to this fine company. Never got a chance to meet Amanda or Will in person although I love them all . . .

Cooperson

One Too Many
Had a great experience with both of my jackets from Aero - Amanda and Will were professional and very helpful :eusa_clap

chochan

New in Town
i got the same experience as yours, and everytime i ask her a question, i got replied no later than a day even in different time zones.
Questions are all solved with their patience and great services, unlike the other online stores that would never reply.
and so I'll be getting an A-2 from them soon

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
**ADMIN NOTICE** Before folk 'think' that TFL is directly associated with AERO - let me clarify that it is totally independent and that 'ALL' the wonderful feedback on their customer service is from clients who have been 'very impressed' by the way they have been treated by the team at AERO (Scotland).

'IF' members have GOOD THINGS to feedback about customer service from other companys such as GoodWear; Eastman; RMNZ; ...etc, then there will be FEEDBACK THREADS on those too :)

But it's cheery news to read that members are getting such great experiences when buying a new jacket from 'any' source.

cbrunt

One of the Regulars
I'll chime in as well. I've "bought" a total of 4 jackets from Aero. First was a second-hand which didn't fit. Sent back for full credit and had another jacket made (A-1 based custom)- which I outgrew and have sold. Ordered my new Bootlegger custom which fit HORRIBLY. Contacted Amanda and had no troubles returning for full credit. Another jacket (A-1 based again) is being made right now.

At no time was there a problem and Amanda's got a great memory. I guess doing mail-order they have the simple understanding that measurements read from a web-listing and actual fit aren't always going to work out. Since the first time you try one of their jackets on is long after you've paid for it, they're understanding.

Clint

Last edited:

highhope

New in Town
Think I'll put my two penneth in to this one as well; I've had 3 garments of clothing from Aero: one second hand Barnstormer, a pair of 1933 pattern RAF gauntlets and my new pride and joy - a house A2 jacket.

The barnstormer has seen many days open cockpit flying and boy did it do the trick - as do the gauntlets. They really are testimony to Aero, not only for authenticity but for holding up to some pretty harsh conditions without the slightest hint of a problem.

I decided back in september that I'd get an A2 and it would have to be Aero...I just knew that given the previous experiences I had with them, they would be a safe bet for it.

Sent off my measurements as Amanda had asked me to do them and they got working on it.

Every e-mail communication I have sent to Amanda was dealt with within minutes. Always a total pleasure to phone and discuss details.

Jacket arrived in December and I was and still am blown away with it...absolutely PERFECT fit (which staggered me considering I didn't have the chance to get measured up for it but had to send them in an e-mail). Stunning workmanship. I now have THE flying jacket which I will hopefully one day pass onto my grandkids!!

Sent an e-mail off to Aero and Amanda thanking them for their wonderful service and how much of a pleasure it had been dealing with them.

Certainly if I ever get the chance to buy another jacket it will DEFINATELY be an Aero.

Long may they continue and prosper!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran