Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Winchester Hat Corp.Winchester Tn. A felting factory.

SHARPETOYS

Call Me a Cab
Panamabob has a plan

jamespowers said:
I was referring to PanamaBobs forum. That link didn't work for me. :cry:
Hmmm... the Possiblility of a new Cavanagh edge hat. :) Now that would work for me. ;)

Regards to all,

J

GH gives BS answers most of the time. I really think Art Fawcett could get this done {Cavanagh edge hat}

Panamabob, is asking GH to build his new forum since GH has been kicked off every forum he was ever been on including the ones when he used his phoney names Remember Zane on The Fedora Lounge Even the phoney's got banned.

Panamabob thought since he new how to set up a forum he would ask for his help.

The GH and lavender panties!

Then you can't be a nice human being and you are banned from all the forums you are on.

Pretty sick when you can't join the human race and have to set up your on lounge because you are a dirt bag!!

Then you have to go and set up your own forum and pay $200.00 a month in server fees so you can run down other hatters,forums, products and people.
We are all jerks if we buy from another hatter.

He has to pay for his own forum so he can't be "banned" and he can have a few people to talk to and try to sell his hats or give them away as a bribe.

He then hides his filthy BS in The Boxing Ring on his site that is blocked from the lukers so they can't see what a deporable POS he really is.
What a winner!!

Panamabob

Call Me a Cab
Just joking on the forum.

I sometimes get on my high horse when I see someone buying a $1000.00+ hat when they don't need to pay that much...or a $10,000 plus hat, when the weavers still live in virtual squalor, the water truck comes around once or twice a week, and we live a life of luxury (some more luxurious than others, mind you).

Many think/thought I wasn't telling the truth, until the hats rolled in. And buddy, this year, so far, the hats have been spectacular.

Got 2 on hold and 1 unsold...Will be on the bargain basement price soon...on the classifieds.

gcollins

One of the Regulars
Hi Sharpey, I have no idea what's true or not. who cares? This is the internet. But no one is beefing here at FL with negative personal issues with hatters anymore--and there is a tacit agreement here to talk positively or at least objectively about hats or say nothing at all. And there isn't a contingent of people jumping on bandwagons at people who like to bring others down.

If you want to post insults go the the Boxing Ring at the Gladhatter forum. You can stand up and say what you like (which is why I like it)--though even there, there's not much desire to entertain nattering naybobs of negativism, but sometimes they get pounded on, including Charlie. Here at FL, we are gentlemen and strive to act like it (as you've reminded and scolded me when I bullied, excoriated, and brutalized a hat vendor). But we all make mistakes so that's okay. All is forgiven. It's only the internet. Holy Lord Krishna. And it's only headgear.

You're a good guy, just put the posts and the passions in the places they belong.

I do have to say that the Winchester story is intriguing though! That was interesting detective work.

Enjoy!

G

SHARPETOYS

Call Me a Cab
You do have a point.

gcollins wrote

I do have to say that the Winchester story is intriguing though! That was interesting detective work.

Enjoy!

G

I'm glad you enjoyed my detective work it was fun and I helped a couple of friends and just maybe a few buyers.

The other part of your post you are right I have let GH rent to much of my head for free way to long. I don't have the power to change him!

I'm a full time job just working on myself. I will turn him over to my Higher Power. "Let Go And Let God."
Regards,

Roger

Fedora

Vendor
The other part of your post you are right I have let GH rent to much of my head for free way to long. I don't have the power to change him!

Good Roger, and I commend you. No one is worth the energy it takes to keep animosity alive. But, it is hard to let go sometimes. Just look at it another way. The negative feelings can consume, and cause stress, and he is not worth that. As long as you let that live, he still has too much influence over you. I am not saying, to forgive, but I am saying it is healthier to forget. Take care, Fedora

Renderking Fisk

Practically Family
What do other Vendors have to say?

Out of all the e-mails I get on TFC, only ONE person has sent me a complaint about a vendor; all others have been questions about where to get a good fedora…

…Obviously these are from people who don’t know me from the forums.

Nothing good comes from talking about nothing but the negatives, it brings you down, it sucks you down to their level and causes heartache and stress and there’s no reward in the end.

If Charlie is going to trash a felt body manufacturer in an attempt to turn off other vendors so he’ll eventually be able to get this manufacturer to lower the price … that’s a flawed plan. If Charlie is trashing this manufacturer to uplift his favorite one, that’s flawed too. People aren’t stupid, they can see things easily and they can see through other people’s transparent actions.

I’m not saying that this is what Charlie’s doing… I can’t figure out what he’s trying to do against or for this manufacturer.

As a hat owner and wearer I really don’t care because I have my limit on fedora’s… I have my quota and have my favorite supplier. As someone who runs a news site, I’m interested to know what the other vendors have to say about Winchester, the quality of their work and products.

If other vendors want to tell us about this supplier, I’m sure I’m not the only one here would like to read what they have to write.

Canadave

One Too Many
Thanks for pointing this out, Detective Sharpie!

After reading posts here for months, I'd be hard pressed to find a negative word about Art or Steve (Fedora)...they're members, so why go anywhere else? These guys know felt! And for Panamas, stick with Panamabob. Everybody's happy!

David

Panamabob said:
Just joking on the forum.

I sometimes get on my high horse when I see someone buying a $1000.00+ hat when they don't need to pay that much...or a $10,000 plus hat, when the weavers still live in virtual squalor, the water truck comes around once or twice a week, and we live a life of luxury (some more luxurious than others, mind you).

Many think/thought I wasn't telling the truth, until the hats rolled in. And buddy, this year, so far, the hats have been spectacular.

Got 2 on hold and 1 unsold...Will be on the bargain basement price soon...on the classifieds.

Gee, I sure am gullable. I thought you were going to have a really special forum for us to post pictures and such---wait, we have that here. ;)
I have to agree with you about the quality of your straw this year. I have Art working furiously to create one for me from one of your nice bodies. :cheers1:

Regards to all,

J

SHARPETOYS

Call Me a Cab
Weekly Pictorial

jamespowers said:
Gee, I sure am gullable. I thought you were going to have a really special forum for us to post pictures and such---wait, we have that here. ;)
I have to agree with you about the quality of your straw this year. I have Art working furiously to create one for me from one of your nice bodies. :cheers1:

Regards to all,

J

New Montecristi Panama hats this year I have seen are the best ever.

I would like for you to do a weekly Pictorial. Like we once had on the cigars.
Show all grades, styles/blocks, cuenca, grueso and more history of the hats.

Have Wilson and Modesto take pictures of weaving, selling and how the weavers live. Please do this for this lounge only.
Thanks,

Roger

rick5150

One of the Regulars
In Defense Of The SBS...

As a Moderator/Administrator at the Sterling Beaver Saloon, I would like to take the opportunity to make a few corrections to some of the comments that I have read here. This post is in no way written as hostile, so please do not read anything into it that isn’t there. I am using quoted phrases to address certain issues, not necessarily the people who wrote them.

Sharpetoys said:
I agree.
The best advertising is your customers, you never have to put others down for your own gain.
It only shows lack of 'self esteem'
Many forum members here and elsewhere put Charlie down as well. Is this indicative of low self-esteem on their part? I do not think so. More than likely it stems from past experiences and accumulated anger towards the man. Am I saying it is unjustified? Not at all. Maybe you feel cheated or lied to. But it is one thing to speak of someone when they can defend themselves and another to take cheap shots from the bleachers knowing that he cannot refute anything you say. It just is not right..

Panamabob said:
I have to be honest, I've been begging for a free hat for a long time. Also, the five members that are active, I'm told, to disdain my presence. Heaven forbid!
It is not your presence that the five members distain. It is your malicious intentions. You are welcome there anytime as is anybody. Begging for a free hat may or may not work. You can choose whatever method you wish to obtain a hat. To put it into perspective, you have come there and repeatedly posted negative comments toward a hat maker, then you are asking that same hat maker for a free hat. Can you see why this may not work?

Sharpetoys said:
Pretty sick when you can't join the human race and have to set up your on lounge because you are a dirt bag!! Then you have to go and set up your own forum and pay $200.00 a month in server fees so you can run down other hatters,forums, products and people.
We are all jerks if we buy from another hatter.
This is not entirely correct. Sure, Charlie has been thrown off many forums – more than most of us even belong to. The intent of the Sterling Beaver Saloon was never to have a place to badmouth various vendors. Yeah, it happens, but you can go to the Raven and search Gladhatter (I think he is still an active member there) and see how this forum came to be.

The SBS is offered for those who do not want to be heavily moderated. You can post controversial subjects and local events that are not allowed on most other forums. We have tweaked the website several times to remove sections that were not getting much traffic and enhance those which did. I am continually asking the members what I can do to make things better or more enjoyable for them.

The truth of the matter is that the SBS offers many links to supplies, a vendor list and even competitors and phone numbers. There are links to this bulletin board, as well as others from which Charlie was removed there as there are no hard feelings on his part. Everybody is welcome.

Sharpetoys said:
He then hides his filthy BS in The Boxing Ring on his site that is blocked from the lukers so they can't see what a deporable POS he really is. What a winner!!
The concept of the Boxing Ring was my idea. Here is the scoop. The website was initially envisioned as a place to come and say what is on your mind – no holds barred, so to speak. The problem is that individuals would come and start problems in every thread and that detracted from the topic. Since nobody that was not involved had any desire to read the bickering, that leaves three choices. First, we can delete and edit the posts. Second, we can ban the offensive person or people. Third, we place the posts in a designated area so that those who are interested can view them and those who are not interested can ignore. I actually took a poll and found that people would rather have their words left, so the Boxing Ring was born.

Yes, the Boxing Ring is blocked from lurkers – not so “they cannot see what a deplorable POS he really is� – but to prevent more problems from occurring. Please understand that this was envisioned to be a place to go to get something out of your system. The Boxing Ring was, in fact, open to all until during an “event� a multitude of “lurkers� started posting remarks posing as one of the contenders to fire things up.

The member base there is not huge. We are a small forum and growing slowly – for reasons that I am well-aware. Also, the forum is not as refined as this one or as focused as others. But we have good people there. Sometimes they post often and sometimes you may not hear from them much, but they all have valuable input and I appreciate their opinions and like to hear what they have to say.

I am sorry if you do not like Charlie. Maybe you hate me. But there are some great people on that forum – a few more than the 5 or 7 members Panamabob likes to mention. At least give them some credit. Several of the FL members are also members of the SBS proving that it is possible to co-exist peacefully. I believe there are some good topics there as well.

There is much false information here concerning the SBS. I am not saying any of the misinformation is intentional, but I wanted to clear it up. Sure the SBS is not for everybody. That is fine. But you are telling people falsehoods based on your past experiences rather than reality. People badmouth Charlie and put the forum down and spew information about his business in the same manner that he was banned from other sites. It borders on hypocrisy. You may not realize that when you put down a forum, you are insulting all of it’s members – not just the owner.

I certainly do not make it a point to badmouth this forum or the people who are members. In fact, for the most part, I have contacted members here to make them aware of anytime they may be interested in a particular post at the SBS. This is a great forum and again, you offer a lot to people. We just offer an alternative. :cheers1:

Thanks,
Rick Theriault

Matt Deckard

Man of Action
As I am a bartender in this section I have to say to you all, have a drink and sit down.

It's nice to see you all in these parts and nice to see that this hasn't become a big shouting match, though it is apparent that this thread's soul purpose is not to talk about Winchester as a felting company, it's to talk about where Charlie gets his felts and whether or not he was misleading.

We are here to have fun and talk about our love of hats.

In the long run everybody wants a good hat and everybody has their favourites in regards to hatters.
Regardless of where the felt comes from and how many hatters get the same material or if they custom order it to their specifications (same company producing a different product for different hatters), a good felt is a good felt.

This is wearing me out.

BirthdayatSugarfoot-vi.jpg

SHARPETOYS

Call Me a Cab
As a Moderator/Administrator you did a nice job!

rick5150 said:
As a Moderator/Administrator at the Sterling Beaver Saloon, I would like to take the opportunity to make a few corrections to some of the comments that I have read here. This post is in no way written as hostile, so please do not read anything into it that isn’t there. I am using quoted phrases to address certain issues, not necessarily the people who wrote them.

Many forum members here and elsewhere put Charlie down as well. Is this indicative of low self-esteem on their part? I do not think so. More than likely it stems from past experiences and accumulated anger towards the man. Am I saying it is unjustified? Not at all. Maybe you feel cheated or lied to. But it is one thing to speak of someone when they can defend themselves and another to take cheap shots from the bleachers knowing that he cannot refute anything you say. It just is not right..

It is not your presence that the five members distain. It is your malicious intentions. You are welcome there anytime as is anybody. Begging for a free hat may or may not work. You can choose whatever method you wish to obtain a hat. To put it into perspective, you have come there and repeatedly posted negative comments toward a hat maker, then you are asking that same hat maker for a free hat. Can you see why this may not work?

This is not entirely correct. Sure, Charlie has been thrown off many forums – more than most of us even belong to. The intent of the Sterling Beaver Saloon was never to have a place to badmouth various vendors. Yeah, it happens, but you can go to the Raven and search Gladhatter (I think he is still an active member there) and see how this forum came to be.

The SBS is offered for those who do not want to be heavily moderated. You can post controversial subjects and local events that are not allowed on most other forums. We have tweaked the website several times to remove sections that were not getting much traffic and enhance those which did. I am continually asking the members what I can do to make things better or more enjoyable for them.

The truth of the matter is that the SBS offers many links to supplies, a vendor list and even competitors and phone numbers. There are links to this bulletin board, as well as others from which Charlie was removed there as there are no hard feelings on his part. Everybody is welcome.

The concept of the Boxing Ring was my idea. Here is the scoop. The website was initially envisioned as a place to come and say what is on your mind – no holds barred, so to speak. The problem is that individuals would come and start problems in every thread and that detracted from the topic. Since nobody that was not involved had any desire to read the bickering, that leaves three choices. First, we can delete and edit the posts. Second, we can ban the offensive person or people. Third, we place the posts in a designated area so that those who are interested can view them and those who are not interested can ignore. I actually took a poll and found that people would rather have their words left, so the Boxing Ring was born.

Yes, the Boxing Ring is blocked from lurkers – not so “they cannot see what a deplorable POS he really is” – but to prevent more problems from occurring. Please understand that this was envisioned to be a place to go to get something out of your system. The Boxing Ring was, in fact, open to all until during an “event” a multitude of “lurkers” started posting remarks posing as one of the contenders to fire things up.

The member base there is not huge. We are a small forum and growing slowly – for reasons that I am well-aware. Also, the forum is not as refined as this one or as focused as others. But we have good people there. Sometimes they post often and sometimes you may not hear from them much, but they all have valuable input and I appreciate their opinions and like to hear what they have to say.

I am sorry if you do not like Charlie. Maybe you hate me. But there are some great people on that forum – a few more than the 5 or 7 members Panamabob likes to mention. At least give them some credit. Several of the FL members are also members of the SBS proving that it is possible to co-exist peacefully. I believe there are some good topics there as well.

There is much false information here concerning the SBS. I am not saying any of the misinformation is intentional, but I wanted to clear it up. Sure the SBS is not for everybody. That is fine. But you are telling people falsehoods based on your past experiences rather than reality. People badmouth Charlie and put the forum down and spew information about his business in the same manner that he was banned from other sites. It borders on hypocrisy. You may not realize that when you put down a forum, you are insulting all of it’s members – not just the owner.

I certainly do not make it a point to badmouth this forum or the people who are members. In fact, for the most part, I have contacted members here to make them aware of anytime they may be interested in a particular post at the SBS. This is a great forum and again, you offer a lot to people. We just offer an alternative. :cheers1:

Thanks,
Rick Theriault

Say what you want I can prove he is a liar and a scam artist... Gladhatter...Charlie Swindall.Master Hatter my arse...

:clap :D :clap :D :clap

Andykev

I'll Lock Up
Bartender

I agree with Matt. This thread seems to have gotten well off topic, as it was regarding a felt source. I missed seeing a claim of what Winchester was, but am very happy they exist. Are they the only game in town? I have a hat from one of my very favorite hatters which I believe is made from one of their bodies. Pure beaver, and very nice.

Boutique? You can apply the word any number of ways:

"boutique
Dictionary
bou·tique (bū-tēk') pronunciation
n.

(1.)
1. A small retail shop that specializes in gifts, fashionable clothes, accessories, or food, for example.
2. A small shop located within a large department store or supermarket.

(2.)
A small business offering specialized products and services: an investment boutique; a health-care boutique.

[French, from Old French botique, small shop, from Old Provençal botica, from Latin apothēca, storehouse. See apothecary.]"

**Note the second definition - small business offering specialized products...

Maybe that term is used in the hills of wherever differently than maybe on either coast!

I have gotten the PM complaint on this post, and quite honestly have just read the entire thread. It has gone full circle, and folks seem to be in agreement, and gentlemanly now. I hope it doesn't get nasty and personal, as today is Good Friday. Free the murderer and condemn the Savior. In three days He will rise. And three days from now I will unlock this post.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran