Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Windows 10

Status
Not open for further replies.

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
Anyone go for the free upgrade from Windows 7 / 8 to 10 yet? I did mine yesterday and the download went off without a hitch. I went from using Linux to Windows 8 when I bought my new computer. I hated Windows 8 at first, but after using it a little while it wasn't really that bad. Windows 10 seems to be pretty good so far, but I've only been using it since yesterday evening. I have to get more familiar with it before I can actually give a fair opinion. In any event, the download was easy enough.

On another note: I had GIMP and Libre Office installed on my Windows 8 and I didn't lose either one of them with the download to 10. Both are still up and running perfectly.

Last edited:

MissJilliss2Thrill

New in Town
Haven´t had the (bad) luck of running into a pc/work place where I´ve had to brave windows 10, or windows 8 for that matter :)
Why did you go from Linux to Windows? I thought people only go the other way ;)

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
Haven´t had the (bad) luck of running into a pc/work place where I´ve had to brave windows 10, or windows 8 for that matter :)
Why did you go from Linux to Windows? I thought people only go the other way ;)

I bought a new computer and Windows was already installed on it. But, I'm going to download Linux to either a disk or to a USB drive.

I've had Windows 10 installed for a week or so now. I do like/prefer some of the W10 features better compared to W8.1. So far, have seen no downside. Only a somewhat more simple/easier to use format.
HD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy