Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Winter is Upon us - Especially in the Midwest.

Selvaggio

One of the Regulars
AtomicEraTom said:
It's the worst of it all now, the Station Wagon's heater went. Looks like I'm driving the cop car for now...
Man, that's too bad...on the upside you've got a great title for a country and western tune.

Harp

I'll Lock Up
bruce wayne said:
With me, when it comes to sub-zero temps, I quit caring about what i wear, as long as I am warm. Last January, when the daily HIGH temp was 15 below, I wore my leather Nowak Indy jacket, dark blue wool pants, a Mad Bomber fur hat with black leather, & i think green gloves & scarf with brown shoes.

...that was you? lol
(Starbucks, 103rd Longwood, opposite the Castle?) :)

Ha, and my boss treats me bad and my woman left me my dog won't even look at me, sounds like we better go dig up Conway Twitty, I got a song for him!!

Selvaggio said:
Man, that's too bad...on the upside you've got a great title for a country and western tune.

warbird

One Too Many
Well I was out in it all last week. In South Dakota hunting pheasants. What ever possessed me to drive in a blizzard to hunt in below zero temps with 35 mph steady winds gusting to 45 on lands devoid of trees I shall never know. Especially to shoot 3 pheasants. The things a man will do to hunt.

But I did learn this much. There does indeed come a point in which it is no longer fun to hunt or hike and I did reach that point.

I have spent some time in cold places before and with no wind t'ain't that bad. But dang that treeless ground and wind will freeze ya right to the bone. It's the face you can never adequately cover up. As Sam McGee before me I guess I had to learn it for myself. Fortunately unlike Sam I didn't have to get cremated to warm up. I just got in my truck and drove south and didn't stop till I was in Tennessee.

Nathan Dodge

One Too Many
Beautiful day today: 83 degrees Fahrenheit, sunny, calm breeze. The wife and I went bike riding by the beach and rode through the neighborhoods with the 1920s-50s houses, including some wonderful deco-style ones.

Yep. Winter's definitely upon us.;)

Foofoogal

Banned
chatted with a friend in Orlando today. She stated she is still running air conditioner some.
It is 42 now but down in 20s this week and due to get colder soon. I do not like cold at all. I miss Texas. :(

warbird

One Too Many
Personally I like 4 seasons and am not at all bothered by having several good months worth of wearing fur felt hats. I would not like to live in a place where it is warm all year round. Nor cold all year round. I prefer mild temps and hate extreme heat as much as I do extreme cold.

I also travel extensively and I know both extremes will be part of the picture for me every year.

Quigley Brown

Call Me a Cab
A little frigid yesterday morning....

out my kitchen window

thermo100.jpg
[/IMG]

ThesFlishThngs

One Too Many
Remember up until 8 years ago or so, you could get all kinds of military surplus at great prices, through mail order? I have a pair of dark green, wool army trousers (Swiss or Swedish, can't recall immediately), that have little leather straps that buckle around the ankles. So far I've not worn them this winter, but when the big chill hits, I'll layer up, with those at the outermost.
Meanwhile, it's layers of leggings, very tall socks, sweaters, fingerless gloves, etc.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxraff