Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Winter Weather - First Snow-

carter

I'll Lock Up
dhermann1 said:
Well, London is actually on the same latitude as Moscow, hence the very long summer days and long winter nights. If global warming (or any other cause) causes the Gulf Stream to shift slightly, Britain will be a much chillier place.
New York is now getting about its eighth snowfall this year, but again nothing huge.
I believe the Dakotas have completely disappeared.
Enjoy, Londoners!
I love pictures of snow in Brooklyn! More please. :)

HungaryTom

One Too Many
Bushfires in Australia

Just wanted to express my condolences and sypmathies with the victims of the Victoria bushfires and those whom they left behind.
Yes it did snow yesterday and today here in the other end of the world.

Mrs. Merl

Practically Family
While everyone is changing out wardrobes as the temperatures cool - we got a little surprise (one my wardrobe didn't quite catch up with yesterday!)

OddPictures145.jpg
[/IMG]

Yep, first snow 21 September!!

Foofoogal

Banned
Wow! Moving to Arkansas I have been surprised by the milder weather but they say it is a fluke. Last Winter I about froze. I have a feeling it will be a very cold winter and I think you may of confirmed it. That is just crazy. lol

23SkidooWithYou

Practically Family
Get the heck outta town L-O-LGal!

I can't believe you guys can make snowmen already! I'm in NE PA and just decided to wash my winter Land's End jacket today, in preparation. Two of the vets I work for relocated from Minnesnowta this year. I can't wait to tell them they've already avoided some shovelling. :) Another of our vets moved there to continue her studies. Fortunately, she went to school out your way and has already driven home sideways.

Fletch

I'll Lock Up
The northern third of Iowa - better known as Baja Minnesota - may get snow today. Here in Ames we are just getting cold gray windy rain. But I don't mind, because I can wear my leather jackets and hats!

AFAIK, I am one of 2 people in the entire state who owns an A-1 flight jacket, which I find ideal for this season.

Last edited:

Land-O-LakesGal

Practically Family
Get the heck outta town L-O-LGal!

I can't believe you guys can make snowmen already! I'm in NE PA and just decided to wash my winter Land's End jacket today, in preparation. Two of the vets I work for relocated from Minnesnowta this year. I can't wait to tell them they've already avoided some shovelling. :) Another of our vets moved there to continue her studies. Fortunately, she went to school out your way and has already driven home sideways.

Yep Skidoo as I white knuckled my way this morning to a store to buy my kids new winterboots before they were all sold out (and they will be by the end of the today) I saw many cars in the ditch I don't know when these idiots with 4 wheel drive will figure out that it doesn't make em skidproof.

Foofoogal

Banned
LOLgal. That little boy and photo looks just like Ralphie in A Christmas Story. Just missing his glasses. Wow, you can keep all the snow. not ready in the least.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot