Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wisdom from the Military

PrettySquareGal

I'll Lock Up
Here's one from the Corps:

Pain is weakness leaving the body.

air-in-tires.jpg

(That's my husband putting air in my tires, a direct result of an earlier thread.)

Nashoba

One Too Many
PSG: One of my favorites :) It's said alot in my house. Most often when someone is complaining....

More from the Corps:

"Pray for Peace, Train for War"
"Sweat more in Peace, Bleed Less in War."

Both of which my husband has on t-shirts somewhere...

60Years2Late said:
God. TriCare is enough of a pain that a lot of the wives I know just pay out of pocket.

Which is why we have Tricare standard :) I get to choose my doctors and I don't have to go anywhere near an MTF. Costs a little more, but it's worth it.

60Years2Late said:
As for the happy thoughts, good luck. We keep little pictures of "Swifty" in the shop (Swifty is our Squadron Mascot. We're the purple foxes, he's a purple cartoon fox head.) On the printout it's got Swifty's head with "Bang head here." The caption reads: "Work stressing you? Let Swifty help. Follow the directions in the box, repeat as necessary."

Our Admin Chief had a similar sign above her desk. Always made me smile when I walked past her desk

60Years2Late said:
Seriously, though, as a Marine, I gotta thank your being a Marine spouse. That's the toughest job in the Corps, and you gals really do help us out. Unit functions wouldn't go anywhere without y'all.

I signed up for double torture too. I'm our unit's KVC. Which is why I bought the Tinkerbell mirror for my office at the unit. I need the encouragement and reminder lol. And I'm a pretty brain-washed moto-wife lol

60Years2Late

New in Town
Key Volunteers are awesome. Thanks for all the free beer. And for those that don't know, never EVER advertise free beer in my presence.

Two words that will ruin your business if you're near a Marine Corps base:
Open Bar.

Story

I'll Lock Up
I read these before I was ever in uniform

From a Russian document:

"one of the serious problems in planning against American doctrine is that the Americans do not read their manuals nor do they feel any obligations to follow their doctrine."

Quote from a German general officer:

"The reason that the American Army does so well in wartime, is that war is chaos, and the American Army practices chaos on a daily basis."

Truth. :D

Spitfire

I'll Lock Up
I will have to admit that no matter how hard I looked, I could not find much military wisdom, back when I was in the service. Just loads and loads of stupid rules and regulations. According to 60years2late's math-story, it hasn't changed much. Not on the other side on the pond either.

Nashoba

One Too Many
Gaige said:
Key Volunteers are a Godsend, plain and simple.

again, I wish all of my Marines felt that way. I know some SNCO's who see no real use for us :rage: Makes it hard to motivate the junior troops when their SNCOs can't be bothered.

STORY: lol it's sad just how much truth there is in that!

Tony in Tarzana said:
God bless you and your husband, Nashoba.

That's awfully sweet Tony, thank you. Many blessings to you in return.

He'll be home soon. Very soon.

Dixon Cannon

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Here is a bit of real wisdom...

...from a five star General of the Army, Dwight David Eisenhower.

"Beware the military industrial complex".

That is wise bit of wisdom from a man who knew. We would be wise ourselves if we heeded his admonition.

-dixon cannon

Ecuador Jim

A-List Customer
More words of wisdom...

Seen in the Leading Chief's office:
"All people bring joy to this office. Some by entering, others by leaving."

In a Division Chief's office:
"Is there anything quite so embarrassing as watching the boss do something you claimed couldn't be done?"

And my personal favorite, spoken by my Aircraft Commander (HAC) as we were losing altitude and power very quickly...

"Did anyone see the Pre-Crash checklist?"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo