Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wish and reality...

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
There's a lot of truth to those photos! Then again, if your tall, good looking and a Hollywood star, you can get by with anything. If I dressed like that, no one would take my photo!
FFN_Kutcher_Ashton_FLYNETUK_060513_51121194_zpsgucck1s1.jpg

GHT

I'll Lock Up
There's a lot of truth to those photos! Then again, if your tall, good looking and a Hollywood star, you can get by with anything. If I dressed like that, no one would take my photo!
Oh wow, everything about that mode of dress is just perfect.........................................................
From the neck up.

wemedge

New in Town
I don't know. I'm beginning to think that the "wish" and "reality" thing applies to me.

I don't wear hats for attention or style. I'm bald and I wear hat outdoors only, to protect my head from the elements. I certainly don't think I look like Bogey or Indy, nor am I trying to.

Given today's weather where I am, I was wearing a light Filson waxed jacket (sport-coat length, not a duster), button-down shirt, jeans, and Chippewa work boots. No one pays any attention to me in a baseball cap in the same outfit. I'm in a small town in the US; not in Toronto.

My Akubra Banjo Paterson arrived today at the office, so I wore it on my walk home. Sure enough, I get whistles from a passing car (strangers). Not the flattering kind of whistle. ha. I hate it. I know I shouldn't pay attention, but I really wish that wearing hats was still the norm and no one thinks its so weird, whether looks good on the individual or not. The Paterson is not even a trilby or fedora (I don't think).

Last edited:
The sunblocking with hats is really important to me, too! We people in East-Germany, former DDR are today still that special "pragmatic" in life. But I like the vintage-thing with style/attitude the same way.

I personally don't like these combinations, especially from "hipster-town" Berlin or similar, which looks somehow way freaky or hipster-like. Because, I don't like that whole hipser-thing that much, which seems to be more and more a commerical fashion-thing, I think.
http://www.ladyrebecca.com/90s-nostalgia-bring-back-the-real-nerds/ ;)

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
The sunblocking with hats is really important to me, too! We people in East-Germany, former DDR are today still that special "pragmatic" in life. But I like the vintage-thing with style/attitude the same way.

I personally don't like these combinations, especially from "hipster-town" Berlin or similar, which looks somehow way freaky or hipster-like. Because, I don't like that whole hipser-thing that much, which seems to be more and more a commerical fashion-thing, I think.
http://www.ladyrebecca.com/90s-nostalgia-bring-back-the-real-nerds/ ;)

Hey, don't pick on Amy Farrah Fowler, Phd!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR