Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.
Here is the latest upgrade to my shop: a Reliable brand (Italian made) steam boiler, iron and hand held steamer. What an amazing difference, such an upgrade from my gravity feed iron. This puts out a dry steam as opposed to the wet steam of my old iron. It produces a huge volume of steam at pressure. The iron and the hand held attachment will make a huge difference in the ease and quality in the blocking, ironing and bashing process.
relaible3.jpg

Rmccamey

I'll Lock Up
I like the champagne colored ribbon (my term) on that hat.

Well my customers picked up their hats today. One is off to Hong Kong the other is off to Alberta with a stop over in Taiwan.
100% Ukraine beaver in a Natural, vintage grosgrain ribbon in Commando. With a pheasant feather as the final touch. View attachment 588669 View attachment 588670
Vintage Japanese kimono silk in a mud dyed brown pattern.

There is a funny/sad story to tell about the aprons. I ordered from an ETSY shop in the UK. Communication with the guy was non existent, the order delayed and finally I was given a tracking number and an explanation. They screwed up the first order and had to make another so he said he sent a new one plus the screwed up one. But the the Royal Mail for weeks showed no tracking number to match the number given.

No answer to my queries to the seller. In desperation I put in a complaint to Etsy. I just wanted the tracking number checked.

The next day Etsy replied with a refund of my money. ....one I never asked for nor wanted. I just wanted my apron.
In frustration I ordered another from a guy in Argentina. A week after I order from Argentina the UK apron shows up on my doorstep without the Postal Service having any record of the parcel. Then today the Argentine apron arrives. Now I am the proud owner of three very nice leather shop aprons with my logo etched on the front.
Oh with a little dye and a polish the screwed up looks great.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner