Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.
When I was working on it initially my wife asked what I was working on today and my reply..."I think I am making an umbrella today!"

I love it! It joins my SunBody hats as my ultimate summer shade makers. My wife laughed at me when I put it on…I mean a full belly laugh. The laughing was followed by her taking photos she could send to my children so they could laugh too. I get shade and they get amusement: this is quite the hat! ;)

I love it! It joins my SunBody hats as my ultimate summer shade makers. My wife laughed at me when I put it on…I mean a full belly laugh. The laughing was followed by her taking photos she could send to my children so they could laugh too. I get shade and they get amusement: this is quite the hat! ;)
I also told my wife that if we lived in a hot/sunny climate I would be getting one of these hats for myself.

You get shade and they throw shade, right?

It has been busy times here in my modest little shop. This past weekend I ran another hat making workshop for two charming and fun young women. First is a Dusty Rose, Ukrainian rabbit felt, second same in a Black. Neither woman had any previous hatting experience, one had excellent sewing skills the other had none. Didn't matter as they both produced two wonderful hats. The black one still has some trimmings to be added. Some black silk moire ribbon and other trimmings still to come
20220904_173037.jpg
20220904_173037.jpg
20220904_173041.jpg

Attachments

• 20220904_171305.jpg
    20220904_171305.jpg
    300.1 KB · Views: 60
Here are two of my creations just out the door. Ukraine Silverbelly rabbit, 2 3/4" brim, simple centre dent and light pinch. The second hat is Ukraine rabbit in the Granite felt. This is for a lady client and my first dimensional brim. 3 1/2" front, 2 1/2" on the rear with a slight asymmetrical cut to the brim. The bow is on the right so the narrower brim is the right side of the picture.
20220906_125655.jpg
20220906_125856.jpg
20220906_125952.jpg

It has been busy times here in my modest little shop. This past weekend I ran another hat making workshop for two charming and fun young women. First is a Dusty Rose, Ukrainian rabbit felt, second same in a Black. Neither woman had any previous hatting experience, one had excellent sewing skills the other had none. Didn't matter as they both produced two wonderful hats. The black one still has some trimmings to be added. Some black silk moire ribbon and other trimmings still to come View attachment 449632 View attachment 449632 View attachment 449633
I think it is so wonderful you are doing these workshops, Robert.

I think it is so wonderful you are doing these workshops, Robert.
An unintended reward is being around people that are so excited with the possibility of making their own hat. The excitement is infectious and helps keep me from becoming blase' or jaded about the process. From this last class the two women (sisters) are so excited they want to start their own hat making business as a side gig. They already have 3 lady friends ready to place orders. it is just fun being around that level of engagement and excitement. Thanks!

Darrell2688

One of the Regulars
Here are two of my creations just out the door. Ukraine Silverbelly rabbit, 2 3/4" brim, simple centre dent and light pinch. The second hat is Ukraine rabbit in the Granite felt. This is for a lady client and my first dimensional brim. 3 1/2" front, 2 1/2" on the rear with a slight asymmetrical cut to the brim. The bow is on the right so the narrower brim is the right side of the picture. View attachment 449634 View attachment 449635 View attachment 449636
Those are two really nice looking hats. I like the Granite color, happens to be one of my favorite colors.

Here are some pictures of a 1940's Stetson that I am in the process of refurbishing. Unfortunately the moths loved this hat as well. There were 5 serious moth nibbles (divots) in the front of the crown and another 3 along the brim break. If you look closely you can see the shadow of where I have repaired the divots. I am pleased as filling moth holes in light coloured felts is difficult. If this was a dark felt the repairs would not be noticeable. It is painstakingly slow work but for whatever reason I enjoy it immensely. There is another nibble along the edge of the brim by the stitching. It is a little bit more detectable.
CIMG0579.JPG
CIMG0580.JPG
CIMG0581.JPG
CIMG0582.JPG

Last edited:
This Lord's hat is one of my favourite styles to make. Ukraine rabbit felt in Pecan, Coffee vintage grosgrain, 2 1/8" curled brim width View attachment 454034 , 4 1/4" crown at the front.

Now I want a Wolfbrae lords hat! I ordered a lords hat from Agnoulita in pure beaver. It arrived last week and the curl was very disappointing. Mr. P said he made the curl so small and shallow due to my preference for wide brims and the limitations on dimensions with his hat bodies. He sent DHL to pick up the hat yesterday and he is going to re-work it but it will take another month to get it back. I

What’s your queue like for a lords hat right now?

Now I want a Wolfbrae lords hat! I ordered a lords hat from Agnoulita in pure beaver. It arrived last week and the curl was very disappointing. Mr. P said he made the curl so small and shallow due to my preference for wide brims and the limitations on dimensions with his hat bodies. He sent DHL to pick up the hat yesterday and he is going to re-work it but it will take another month to get it back. I

What’s your queue like for a lords hat right now?
Hi: I just got back from a short vacation in Oregon and figuring out the queue. Will let you know in a few days. The brim started out at 2 1/2" and when curled down to about 2 1/8". I have a few of the Ukraine beaver felts and some FEPSA as well that will give you what you want dimension wise.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ