Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Woman wearing Hats

Justin B

One Too Many
All of those girls are friends of mine and I've known some of them since before they were of age (which I can state for a fact they are now as they have to be state licenced to serve alcohol).

As for changing the thread title...I don't see a reason to over anything I've posted.

They are women...and the hats are mine...and me being a man...

You get where I'm going here.

scottyrocks

I'll Lock Up
Just more political correctness run amok. 'Women' is a less sterile, more tradtionally romantic term for females. If I'm commenting (or complimnting) on someone of the fairer sex, I'll say 'beautiful young woman,' or 'beautiful young lady,' but never 'beautiful young female.' There is a certain strength and romance in the word 'woman' that does not exist in the word 'female.'

Of course, this is just all my own humble opinion. (The collective) Your mileage may vary.

monbla256

Call Me a Cab
"Women in Mens Fedoras" would limit it to ADULT females. Stick with "Females in Mens Fedoras" as it alows the little ones in :) As to how the pics are perceived, thats entirely up to the person viewing, though I would hope comments would be kept on a civil/appropriate basis. JMHO :)

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
Persons who happen to be, by nature or by choice, displaying traits that are other than those generally and traditionally deemed, whether correctly or incorrectly, to be biologically or socially of the male sex

in hats (of styles that are often difficult to define).

:)

frussell

One Too Many
I couldn't get my female to sit still long enough to take a picture with my hat on, and she shed all over it. I did find some "dames," one of whom is wearing a fedora. Frank
damed2_243x178.jpg

Justin B

One Too Many
Riiiiiiight, which is how "shell shock" got turned into "Post traumatic stess disorder". I honestly hate the political correct crap. I'd rather you said what you had to say without the sugar coating. As the old saying goes, "If you can't stand the heat, stay out of the kitchen".

SpeedRcrX

One Too Many
Just a question to Justin B and then I won't comment anymore on the subject of the name of this thread.

Do you friends knows you put photos of them in a thread where they are refer as females ?

Because if one of my friends do that let me tell you I wouldn't say political correct crap to him.

Just a female's opinion...

Last edited:

Justin B

One Too Many
Yes, as a matter of fact they do. Now it's hard for me to see one of the ladies, they don't try and snag my hat and get a picture in it.

I can't imagine that someone would get upset for being refered to as a "female" unless of course that isn't their gender. I for one don't get bent out of shape for being called a "male". That aside...it wasn't what I was refering to. I was commenting on Lefty's...

Persons who happen to be, by nature or by choice, displaying traits that are other than those generally and traditionally deemed, whether correctly or incorrectly, to be biologically or socially of the male sex, in hats (of styles that are often difficult to define).

Which if translated to the lowest common denominator is "Females in Fedoras" more or less. The extranious guilding of the lily is the "PC crap" I hold such distaste for.

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Which if translated to the lowest common denominator is "Females in Fedoras" more or less. The extranious guilding of the lily is the "PC crap" I hold such distaste for.

Not really because a female could be of any species, whereas woman or lady would usually refer to a female human person and probably be considered more polite.

Like Frank, my female wouldn't sit still for a photo - she's a Boston Terrier.

randooch

I'll Lock Up
(Alliterative musings: Women in Whippets, Damsels in Dobbses, Working Women in Well-Worn Wormsers, Ladies in Lids, Lovelies in Lees, Strumpets in Stratoliners, Harridans in Habigs, Stunners in Stetsons, Madames in Mallories . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot