Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Women's Vintage for sale: 40s-60s

ShooShooBaby

One Too Many
yeah, the suit might be a little too big for you. i do have a green-and-white stripe one that might work for you but i need to dig it out and measure it. and no worries about the rayon, it went to ada_veen :D

KittyT said:
I do like the pink bathing suit and can imagine how cute it is. I think it just might be too big though. I'm 36B-28-38.

I also love the 40s rayon dress but such a purchase is just not in my budget right now, unfortunately :(

ShooShooBaby

One Too Many
Here are a few more items for sale! I'd rather get them up than wait till more are ready to be posted (I'm getting a new camera soon but these were already photo'ed). There are larger and additional photos of all items at my flickr site. Please message me with any questions! Of course I can combine shipping if you want more than one item, or if you wanna share shipping with someone else from the same city! Buyer will pay actual shipping cost. I take paypal or if need be you can send me a money order. There are still other items still available earlier in this thread!

50s rayon gabardine jumper - $45 + shipping
- Chest - open - it fit me when i was a 36D but i think that's probably as big as it'll accommodate.
- Waist - 28"
- Length of top (from middle back to top of waistband) = 13"
- Length of skirt = 23"
- Fantastic condition! The rayon is heavy and free of stains. You might want to re-hem it as it was cut and crudely hemmed at one point :eek: . I tried to get a pic of the tag but it wouldn't really show. It fastens with a metal zipper and button on the side. There is a kickpleat is in the front-center. The cloth tag is identical to the one on this webpage and on top of it is a paper tag reading "Berkley Fashions; 91% Rayon; 9% Dynel; Style 820X; Size 18."
2367464104_cd2b36d0b6.jpg

2367464430_c7463ac1eb.jpg

Vintage Maternity Blouse - $8 + shipping
Bust - 45"
Waist -45"
Back length - 26"
Description: This shirt reminds me of I Love Lucy! It would be really cute with black capri pants, or dungarees. Its tag reads, "motherhood maternity shops". I would rate the condition as fair-to-good. There is a small bit of white staining near the bottom button, and I think the fabric was originally a little darker and maybe a little thicker. It is very thin cotton - perfect for summertime!
2366624057_56ba9ae5be.jpg

Sporty Summer Blouse - $6 + shipping
Bust - 45"
Waist - 42"
Description - Another breezy summer blouse. This one is by Lady Manhattan and is "permanently pressed", "dura-smooth" and 65% dacron polyester, 35% cotton. The sleeves are meant to be rolled up. Good condition.
2367461180_5226905a2d.jpg

Hollywood Shaggee woven metal purse - $15 + shipping
This purse is in great condition! there's a little wear to the four little "feet" and one of the round discs anchoring the handles is missing (doesn't affect performance at all). It's as brilliant and shiny as it probably was new! (Much more so than in the picture...
2367463796_c1a7b468b5.jpg

2366628385_0f3f5a7198.jpg

Bags By Patricia Wood and Raffia handbag - $10 + shipping
This handbag is perfect for summer and will hold a ton of stuff - there are three compartments! It is in good vintage condition. The raffia is mostly in excellent shape, one flower on the front has a piece coming up, and one of the flowers on one of the sides could have a few pieces glued down. There is some wear to the bottom corners and the edging arounf the top. The handles are sturdy and there is still a ton of wear left in this purse, though! It was made in the Philippines.
2418257340_3160edfb5e.jpg

Jovan

Suspended
Not interested in buying (as I have uh, little use for it :D) but just stopping in to say, I hope these items get a good home. That last dress in particular is simply jaw-dropping.

Ada Veen

Practically Family
Just got back from visiting my ma to find my dress waiting for me - perfect fit, perfect condition, I'll try and take a pic of me modeling it soon!

Thanks, Shoo-shoo, and thanks so much for the lovely butterfly :D

ShooShooBaby

One Too Many
I'm moving in 14 days so I'm still trying to pare down my STUFF! There are still items available from the above posts, and prices now include shipping (unless otherwise noted):
- Shimmery green early 60s suit, floral wrap halter top, black wool dress, striped 50s western pants, hot pink Dalton wool skirt, light blue 50s sheer top w/ attached skirt-slip, white Daniel Green wedges, black Daniel Green wedges, black cutout suede heels, black stilettos, olive green pumps ($12 shipped), wood and rafia handbag ($13 shipped), woven metal purse, yellow striped blouse, orange maternity blouse, and navy gabardine jumper. I also have patterns available here!

Here are some new items. All prices include shipping within the continental US. I'll ship international but we'll have to figure out additional postage costs. There are additional photos of all items at my flickr account.

Deadstock poodle apron – $25 including shipping within the US.
It still has its tag and is in perfect, never-been-used condition. The pocket is stitched with a doghouse, and there is a “leash” that follows all the way over to the poodle. The poodle is printed onto the fabric with the fluffy parts represented in a nubby embroidery design.
2500780896_1cdb3ba341.jpg

Green flowered dress - $25 including shipping within the US.
Measurements are approximately 38-27-free. This dress may be repro, although I’m not completely sure about that! In any case, it’s adorable and completely light and breezy for summertime! You can’t tell in the pics, but the background is very, very pale green with green print. It has puffy sleeves and loose pleats at the waistline. There is about 1” above the zipper that needs to be resewn. This dress was too small for my form, so it looks a little funny.
2499936913_a55d3896dc.jpg

Plaid shirtwaist dress – $40 including shipping within the US.
This is the quintessential 1950s shirtwaist dress! The condition is near-mint, and the fabric is crisp and bright. Measurements are approximately 38-30-free. It has a short side-zip and the front unbuttons as well. It has no beltloops but might look cute with one anyway.
2499946217_97cfcf69f6.jpg

Cotton print dress – $15 including shipping within the US.
This dress is definitely not golden era but it has a classic shape with an unusual print and buttons. extra-cool for hot summer days! Measurements are 36-34-42.
2499942855_6cee4dcd32.jpg

Gingham wrap skirt – $12 including shipping within the US.
This is a very cute, reversible wrap skirt. One side is red gingham, and the other side is chambray. Although it’s adjustable, I think it fits best on bodies with a 26-29” waist and no more than 36” hips – otherwise the back starts to gap!
2500769428_62dec68f1c.jpg

1940s White skirt/shorts – $20 including shipping within the US
This skirt has short-shorts attached! When I found it, it was incredibly stained and yellowed. I managed to remove nearly all of the yellowness – what remains is mostly on the shorts and doesn’t show. These would be perfect for a casual outfit or photo shoot. 26” waist, 34” hips
2499981833_3740e668a8.jpg

Turquoise tropical cotton skirt – $25 including shipping within the US
Perfect for summer! Has metal back-zip and hook-and-eye closure. Will fit 30” waist with any-size hips.
2493291827_502a83ceb1.jpg

Blue clamdiggers – $15 including shipping within the US
These are a lightweight cotton and go great with espadrilles. There is a tiny hole on back right leg (unnoticeable unless you’re looking for it), and about ½ inch of the back left dart needs to be mended. Metal back-zip. 28” waist, 38” hips.
2494137100_0d832bd0c2.jpg

Green capris – $15 including shipping within the US
These are a heavier cotton than the blue ones, are a little longer, and have darker green topstitch details. They have a metal side-zip. There are some very light pink stains on bottom right leg, and a small (half-inch diameter) light yellow stain on back of right thigh. 27” waist, 40” hips.
2493320067_79b9eb229d.jpg

Light blue satin top - $10 including shipping within the US
In great condition! Interesting conical fabric-covered buttons that fasten with loops. It’s pretty tiny – might have been a girls’ shirt. I’m not sure of the fabric content. 32” bust 26” waist
2499984201_e999d9e44b.jpg

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
Got them and they're SO cute and fit pretty well! Thanks so much!
:)
(When I'm more tan/made a top to go with I'll post a pic)

MissHannah

One Too Many
Blouse arrived yesterday shooshoo - thanks for the swift delivery. It's SO cute but unfortunately it's too small around the boobs :( so I'll be selling it on.

ShooShooBaby

One Too Many
lauren, i can't wait to see what you make to go with the skorts!

too bad the shirt was too small, hannah... hopefully it'll fit lyburnum!

to those of you who have inquired about items recently, i'm all moved into my new apartment but haven't even *found* those boxes yet! fitting all my stuff into a 400 sq foot studio has been like a nonstop game of tetris. i'll pm you when i dig the stuff out, which will hopefully happen this week :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IGDS