Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Women's Vintage for sale: 40s-60s

ShooShooBaby

One Too Many
Hi ladies, I'm going to be putting up a lot of stuff for sale, mostly 40s-50s, over the next few weeks. There are larger and additional photos of all items at my flickr site. Please message me with any questions! Of course I can combine shipping if you want more than one item, or if you wanna share shipping with someone else from the same city! Buyer will pay actual shipping cost. I take paypal or if need be you can send me a money order. A couple items are on hold till tomorrow afternoon so express your interest if one of the items you want is labeled "on hold"!

Pendleton 49er - ***SOLD!***
- Chest - 22” flat
- Free waist
- Fantastic condition! A tiny bit of chipping on one button.
2357393318_eef310213d.jpg

Green shimmery early 60s suit - $35 + shipping
- Chest – 20” flat
- Waist on skirt – 15” flat
- Fantastic condition! Seam under one arm is a little loose.
- Skirt is about 34“ long with a kickpleat in the back. Metal side zip on skirt.
2357396510_749c229f3f.jpg

2357396100_f09a3e4f4e.jpg

Pink novelty-print rayon 1940s dress - $40 + shipping. AVAILABLE!!
- Chest – 18.5” flat
- Waist – 13.5” flat
- Great condition! Handmade. Flared skirt, simple bodice. Very original print! Metal side-zip.
2357396728_dd2dc5037d_b.jpg

Scottie plaid 1950’s dress - ***SOLD!***
- Chest – 19” flat
- Waist – 15” flat
- Handmade! Scottie buttons! Rickrack! Gathered skirt!
2356564579_fce03e133c.jpg

2356564647_67dca774ff.jpg

Late 40s Princess Peggy Housedress - ***SOLD!***
- Chest – 21.5”
- Waist – 17” flat
- This dress was either deadstock or just barely worn before I purchased it. In any case it is in stellar condition. I never ended up wearing it because I felt like the top didn’t fit me well enough. This would be good for a taller gal with a larger chest/shoulders! Front zip. ties in back.
2357453102_27fc2d3681_o.jpg

1960s(?)Girdles - $10(each) + shipping
- I have two of these, they are exactly the same.
- Waist – measures 30.5” but my waist is 34” and it fits fine.
- Hips – measures 38”. my hips are about 40” and I felt like the girdle wasn’t girdle-izing anything! I think it would be more helpful for a gal with larger hips so it has something to contain.
- I’m not sure if these have been worn before, but both are in the same, newish condition. There are hook-and-eyes underneath the nylon zipper. Attached garters.
2356566009_b94a1bb252.jpg

Super-hot 50s bathing suit that photos really poorly - $25 + shipping. AVAILABLE!
- Chest – unsure.
- Waist – 15” flat, unstretched
- Made of a stretchy material with satin trim! Shirring on legs and tummy. I found a small pinhole on the body. I’m just a little too big for it and I’m 5’4” and my measurements are 36D-34-40. If you're seriously interested in this item I can send you the pics i took of it on me but I will not post them for everyone - they're pretty ugly! this bathing suit is not swim-able.
2356564815_0941d647c0.jpg

Rubber Bathing Cap - $5 + shipping
- One size fits most, I guess.
- In good shape
2357399344_1bb0c9b9d8.jpg

thanks for looking!!

ShooShooBaby

One Too Many
Phase II of stuff i'm selling...

Here is some more stuff! And there are still items available in my previous post. Again, there are more pictures of everything on flickr.

Wrap-around halter top - $10 + Shipping
- Variable-size. I wear a 36D and the bust is too big for me. Additionally, it looks like the previous owner actually took it in about an inch on each side, which could be let out. The halter has two buttons on the neck - I had them both buttoned, but the straps would be a little longer if you only buttoned one. The waist is a wrap-around so it would be adjustable as well. Please note that it is a midriff top, so even with a high-waisted skirt or pants it may show some belly. I'm wearing a halter bra underneath it in the pic, but you may need to pin it to keep it covered if you wear one with it.
- Good vintage condition. It was homemade. It would probably be best to tack up the bottom hem a little, unless you like the pinking peeking out. There is a small hole on the front, but the top is fully-lined and as long as you controlled it with some fray-check it should be ok.
2357402064_834a5d1d3b.jpg

Black 50s or 60s wool dress - $15 + shipping
- 38" bust, 28" waist. Small tag inside reads "size 16".
- - Wool is in great shape! The dress is black, but the pics look more grey because i lightened them so you can see it. Fancy center seam, pleats at waistline, kickpleat in the back. There is about one inch under each arm the needs to be sewn up, and a couple other spots where the stitching has come loose so you would definitely want to go over the seams with your machine or by hand before wearing. Metal back-zip. I can see this dress being work ten different ways with different accessories!
2357814731_2dc7faf390_b.jpg

Striped 50s Western Pants - $20 + shipping
- 26" waist, 28" inseam
- Great condition! There is one small pinhole on the butt. Gabardine weave fabric, but I am unsure of the content. Exposed metal side-zip. Cute pearl snaps on pockets! Allen Manufacturing co. of Denver, Colorado.
2358645036_5d2b9cd69d_b.jpg

Cherry-red Kerry-Teen 50s/60s wool skirt - $15 + shipping *WAITING TO HEAR BACK FROM SOMEONE!*
- 28" waist, 30" long
- Good condition. When looking at it in the light I can see a few areas of weakness in the weave, but there is only one small area (on the front, near the kickpleat) where it goes all the way through. The color in person is a very true red - not orange-tinted like the pic looks on my computer. Metal back-zip. Cute kickpleats in front-center!
2358643398_337653233e.jpg

Hot pink wool Dalton late-50s skirt
- 26" waist, 28" long
- Great condition. A few weak spots and one small moth hole on the back, 2" up from the hem. It has narrow belt-loops and a kick-pleat in the back. It photographed red, but it is definitely a very obnoxious bright pink! Metal side-zip.
2358641966_ee46242621.jpg

Light blue 50s sheer top with attached skirt-slip - $12 + shipping
- 36"+ bust, 28"+ waist
- Fair condition. Some snags in the fabric. Top back button has been moved over from original position. Would work great with a suit!
2358640974_6717cc08ec_b.jpg

skyvue

Call Me a Cab
I thought ShooShooBaby and others might enjoy seeing my wife in the dress I bought for her (see above). She loves it and it fits her very well.

erindress.jpg

ShooShooBaby

One Too Many
oh, cute! cute! thank you for posting a pic!!!

girls, i'm terribly sorry about the shoes. many of them have been measured and will be posted tomorrow morning. i keep getting busy! :rolleyes:

ShooShooBaby

One Too Many
shoes, part 1....

here are SOME of the shoes - i wanted to get at least some up. still other stuff for sale, and as always, there are more pix of EVERYTHING on my flickr link posted earlier in this thread!

item: Daniel Green White Wedges - $30
inside length: 9 1/2”
widest part of sole: 3 1/8”
condition: great! there are barely any scuff-marks on the bottoms. a few scuffs here-and-there on the uppers, one TINY spot where the surface has flaked. elasticized vamps are still completely unstretched. I have no idea what dEcade these are from, but they say “manmade components” on the bottom and interior so I know they’re newer than I would first expect them to be. 1 ¾” wedge heel.
2366633679_77f78c9f3c.jpg

item: Black satin Daniel Greens - $20
inside length: 9 ½”
widest part of sole: 3”
condition: I got overexcited and bought these on ebay without the measurements! The exterior looks good, there are a few flaws in the satin. There is wear to the soles, and the insoles are a little stiff and need to be reglued. These shoes are technically slippers, but I don’t see why you couldn’t wear them out! Perfect for ALL your lounging needs. 2” heel.
2367467734_e0a9df263e.jpg

item: Black suede cutout heels - $40
inside length: 9 5/8”
widest part of sole: 2 ¾”
condition: above average. Gorgeous black suede with cutouts galore! I LOVE these shoes and if they were bigger I would hold onto them forever! these were obviously worn, but the (pale green!) lining is intact and the suede is in great, soft condition. 2.5” heel.
2366631171_57eb074ef5.jpg

item: Black stilettos - $25
inside length: 9 ½”
widest part of sole: 2 ¾”
condition: excellent. The bottoms show some wear, as do the interiors. These shoes are black and the softest velvet-y suede, but they almost feel to soft to be suede. The inside reads “Berne of Switzerland, and on the side of the interior – leather upper – balance manmade materials.” printer as a 5 ½ B. The toes are REALLY narrow. The rosettes on front seem to be permanently attached. 3” heel.
2366630593_0e24c4d45b.jpg

ShooShooBaby

One Too Many
2 more pairs of shoes and an update on other stuff.... more pics at my flickr! (for those of you unfamiliar with flickr, you can click on a thumbnail, and there should be an icon to show "all sizes" in the upper left corner above the pic so you can see it even bigger.)

item: Chocolate suede Worthington t-strap pumps
inside length: 10 ¼”
widest part of sole: 3 ¬?‚Äù
condition: excellent. The color of these shoes is much richer than it looks in the photos! The suede is in fantastic shape and there is very little wear to the bottoms – I’m not sure they were ever worn outside. I love these but the heel is too high for my sensitive feet so they must find a new home!
2366630317_372875e430.jpg

item: Olive green mademoiselle shoes - $10
inside length: 10”
widest part of sole: 3”
condition: fair. These shoes have some wear left in them, but could use some tlc. the leather is still supple but the insoles are pretty worn and they do have a lot of flaws. the color is somewhat mottled between two shades of olive green. I think it looks cool but you may be interested in having them repainted.
2367465460_13a7da1098.jpg

update:
From the first set of pics, the following items are still available:
-Green shimmery suit
- Pink rayon novelty-print 40s dress
- Pink bathings suit (i have embarassing photos of myself wearing this which i will show you if you are interested in the suit)
- White bathing cap
- The girdles are pending so let me know if you want them if they don't get sold after all.

From the second set:
- Flowered halter top
- Sensible black dress
- Striped western pants
- Pink wool skirt
- Sheer shirt with attached skirt-slip
- Red skirt is pending, let me know if you are interested and willing to wait.

From the 1st shoe set - All items still available!

cherry lips

Call Me a Cab
Pendleton 49er

Haha here is a HUGE photo of me portraying how happy I am in my new pendleton. Thank you ShooShooBaby!

DSCF1266.jpg

ShooShooBaby

One Too Many
cherry lips said:
Haha here is a HUGE photo of me portraying how happy I am in my new pendleton. Thank you ShooShooBaby![/IMG]

oh, it looks SO cute on you! i'm glad you like it!

i'm glad everyone has liked their stuff so much :D i still have more to post... but so little time!

ShooShooBaby

One Too Many
still stuff for sale, ladies! the bathing cap and red kickpleat-front skirt are gone, though.

i know someone wants that pink bathing suit - i'll try to take a picture of it on someone who fits in it so you can see how cute it is!

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
ShooShooBaby said:
still stuff for sale, ladies! the bathing cap and red kickpleat-front skirt are gone, though.

i know someone wants that pink bathing suit - i'll try to take a picture of it on someone who fits in it so you can see how cute it is!

I do like the pink bathing suit and can imagine how cute it is. I think it just might be too big though. I'm 36B-28-38.

I also love the 40s rayon dress but such a purchase is just not in my budget right now, unfortunately :(

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn