Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

World War Leather

bl@ster

One of the Regulars
Any good deals on assless leather chaps? Hehe.

This is my favorite photo:

41-261-thickbox.jpg

The Good

Call Me a Cab
No offense to anybody, but the guys on that website remind me too much of exaggerated, leather-clad members of the Village People. I can't judge the quality of their leather though, I have no experience with it.

Edward

Bartender
Well, the site appears to be rather, errrr, 'niche'.

But some of the jackets don't look too bad, actually. I think their WWI RFC long jacket looks quite nice.

bk

Agreed. If the quality was decent, it'd be a very reasonable price too. Price-wise, they seem to be in line with Wested. The one thing I find most bizarre, actually, is that they appear to have used a small, lead soldier to illustrate one of their jackets:

10-50-large.jpg

No offense to anybody, but the guys on that website remind me too much of exaggerated, leather-clad members of the Village People.

I suspect that's the market for which they are aiming. There are nightclubs where, was one so inclined, one could go where this would be the expected dress code.... Not my particular bag, but it takes all sorts to make a world.

dr greg

One Too Many
Well, back in the early 80's. there was a HEAVY DUTY gay leather shop in Sydney called the Link, that made things you don't wanna even think about....however. their 'brando' jackets were exceptionally well constructed of the best hides available, were not in any way, shall we say, exaggerated, and as solid as they come because the guy who made them really cared about his craft to the point of being fussy if I can put it that way. I bought one and wore it for nearly 30 years before selling it only recently and it still had another 30 years in it at least...so never rush to judgement is my advice...

Metatron

One Too Many
I agree with the above. That the site partly caters to fetishes that aren't necessarily to our tastes is irrelevant to the quality of the product.
However, it's very silly of them to upload photographs to their site that do not feature their own products. That said, Wested does the same, and they even have some inaccurate information on the origins their perfecto jacket on their site, but I gather that they still produce a quality product.
Some companies should pay more attention to presentation.

Philalethes

A-List Customer
Wow, where to start...

The use of the lead toy to model their jacket is a complete mystery. In fact, I think I have seen that picture on Ebay, from a company selling jackets for...well...lead toys.

This thread has given me many laughs, but on the other hand, I have to agree with the Baron: their WWI RFC coat does look quite nice. Maybe Dr. Greg is right that they may be worth a try.

Philalethes

A-List Customer
OK, so I just took another look at the site and couldn't find anything about where they were located, but perhaps the following description from one of their coats gives some clues (emphasis added):

"This German Pilot Jacket with Fur is very famous & people looking it for long time, We are Expert in replica of World War jackets & garments,

We are offering this German Pilot Jacket replica in very commpentative price & uses best quality genuine cow hide leather,

We can insert soft lamb leather lining inside for more warm & compfortable, [Do they mean shearling?]

All Sizes are available for this German Pilot jacket & if you dont find your size just pickup Custom made jacket"​

nicholasb

One of the Regulars
It just doesn't look in anyway appealing. The fact that they sell a fetish outfit or may/may not be gay is no problem. The site looks incredibly amature and the pictures don't show anything that I would want to buy - and that is a problem. They have presented it all so horribly.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic