Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Worried about everyone here.......

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up
I’ve reached out to Ed a couple times as well with no response. Good ole boy for sure. I can’t remember his last name now though. But hell I can’t remember my own name or my kids names sometimes.
Edward D. Hartwell
Barstow, Ca.

Indeed he is a good old soul.
He is the master at long haired westerns and his presentation of western crowns was impeccable.
He and @Hurricane Jack’s western presentations still are the pinnacle to strive for in my eyes in westerns.

I lost his mailing address long ago.
Still trying to locate him and hoping he is well.
Let us know if you find out anything.
B

DaveProc

I'll Lock Up
Screenshot_20230714_162125_Samsung Internet.jpg

Yamahana

One Too Many
Edward D. Hartwell
Barstow, Ca.

He is the master at long haired westerns and his presentation of western crowns was impeccable.
He and @Hurricane Jack’s western presentations still are the pinnacle to strive for in my eyes in westerns.

B
Yes Hartwell, I remembered he was in Barstow. Lots of cool antique relics in his yard.
I’ll certainly share any info if I contact him.

DaveProc

I'll Lock Up
Damn!! You have sorcerer type magical powers or maybe you’re a secret agent posing as a fedora aficionado.
Not magic, I'm a historical researcher, genealogist, and I worked in Declassification at the JFK Presidential Library, before my current job, managing the historic and project records for the Rhode Island Department of Transportation. I specialize in recognizing patterns, finding thing where they aren't supposed to be or when no one else can find them. And I'm pretty good at it

Yamahana

One Too Many
Not magic, I'm a historical researcher, genealogist, and I worked in Declassification at the JFK Presidential Library, before my current job, managing the historic and project records for the Rhode Island Department of Transportation. I specialize in recognizing patterns, finding thing where they aren't supposed to be or when no one else can find them. And I'm pretty good at it
I would agree, you’re pretty good at it!

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
How about Man of Kent, and The Dane? I haven't from either of those two in a long time. And Dogman. Haven't heard from him in a long while either.

Edward D. Hartwell
Barstow, Ca.

B

Yes, Ed’s ability to shape Akubras and modern(ish) westerns was second to none. He could make a Campdraft with a cattleman’s crease look like it was a factory shape…but better.

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
I speak with Ole [The Dane] on FB often, he is well. He recently welcomed a new grandchild.
Thanks Rusty. It's been a couple of years since I was on FB. I talked to him all the time when I was on it. I mostly hang out on Twitter and Instagram now. I was wondering how he was getting along. I miss seeing him on the Lounge. He knew more about hat making than he led on. I learned some good stuff from him. I'm glad he's doing well and I bet he's enjoying that grandbaby. If you talk to him again on FB tell him I said hi and for him to check in with us here on the Lounge every now and then.

Robieman

A-List Customer
Whatever happened to Rumad @Rumad & Robie @Robieman ?
Here I am!! I figured I had way more hats than I needed and kinda drifted away from this forum. That may not be a good reason but I also kinda lost interest. Jumped on today cause it had been so long. Thought I’d see what I might have been missing.
Thanks for thinking about me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner