Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Worth going to Aero leather in Scotland to get jacket made/otr?

ProteinNerd

My Mail is Forwarded Here
If you are going to be in the area, you'd be crazy not to drop in and get properly measured up. I'd contact Aero explain the situation and see if they cant accommodate you. Maybe you can go on a queue of sorts and it will be your turn by the time you get there. That way, you try on, get to note any tweaks and have it made the next day or so???

I'm pretty sure someone on here as done that before.....I think the jackets only take a day to actually make.

Brettafett

One Too Many
Yes, why not email them and maybe put a deposit down, or pay for a jacket you think you may like. Pop in there early on your days off and make decisions and let them make it up for you before you leave. No harm in trying.

Willybob

A-List Customer
IMHO, go there, get fit and pay the extra for the perfect jacket first time out. I have Two Aero's and, in retrospect, if I had known, there are things I would have changed. I would have loved the opportunity to go to Aero. How many threads have we read in TFL written by guys who live off continent who got their jackets and then after a while sold them for a $200-$300 mark down because they were not quite pleased with their choice and needed $ to try again. I'd choose to pay the extra to get it perfect the first time. Furthermore, Aero would now have your numbers on file for the next one. And we al know there wil be a next one.

Edward

Bartender
So in a way can you 'save your place' in the queue so they'll prioritise it when you're there? Like if I 'saved' a place, then went there at the start of my trip to get measured and decide everything, and a week later went back, it could be done?

Sort of. I visited on the last day of a holiday in Glasgow; my jacket was made to following week. Ask Holly what's possible - do it well in advance and then you'll know either way. If it's either pick up there or get measured and receive at home, I'd go with the latter, myself - the extra is worth it to be 'right' first time out of the trap, and you know what works for the future. Plus there's always the chance you'll fall in love with something in the showroom when you get there...

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
That's always the problem when you get there. You walk in with your heart intent on one thing, but then you get to handle all the others and suddenly you start to doubt yourself...

Edward

Bartender
I got off lightly... I managed to stick to the modified Dustbowl I wanted (though I walked out having specified a different hide than I'd expected to order). I'm still planning some of the jackets I saw that day, though, so..... ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails