Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wounded Leather

DavidJ

One of the Regulars
I have a leather jacket that my dad gave me from when he was stationed in Germany in the '80s. Unfortunately, there is what looks like a puncture on the back. Can it be repaired? Also, it lost its liner was lost. Where can I get a new one?

M

member 16283

Careful application of superglue will work. I've used it to fix a small chunk out of some vintage full grain leather dress shoes.

Peacoat

Bartender
Try Insurrection Leather in Seattle, I believe. One of our members, Mojo, has a connection with the company and has posted success stories with leather and lining repair.

DavidJ

One of the Regulars
Thank you! I believe I'll be going the Insurrection route. Probably won't be needing the jacket any time soon, seeing as how warm the weather in OK has been, so I'll be getting to this a little later in the year.

Tony B

One of the Regulars
Avoid superglue for leather, if you do end up having a go at it yourself try a rubber based glue like neoprene glue, superglue is just a poor quality thickened cyanoacrylate and that stuff goes hard and crispy on contact with leather, particularly the suede side, and will ruin it.

I have used cyanoacrylate every day for the last 16 years so I know from experience (still a kak handed git) there isn't any clothing fabric it doesn't turn crispy and ruin on contact.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
usleathermart