Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

WOW! I quit my job today to go to Cosmetology school

perfectredlips

New in Town
I have been working at an advertising agency for years and have been in Corporate America for a long time. It was never my passion....beauty is so I've decided to quit and go to school full time to study cosmetology!

Im so excited!!

hepkitten

One of the Regulars
Congratulations, perfectredlips! It's scary to make the leap from a secure job to follow your passion--I did it 11 years ago, and I've never regretted it for a second. Kudos to you, and best of luck! :eusa_clap

Darhling

Call Me a Cab
hepkitten said:
Congratulations, perfectredlips! It's scary to make the leap from a secure job to follow your passion--I did it 11 years ago, and I've never regretted it for a second. Kudos to you, and best of luck! :eusa_clap

I agree! Kudos to you, it is great that you are following your dream, keep us updated on how you are doing!

Aurora

One of the Regulars
Well done - I'm so happy for you, I wish I had the confidence to do it too

Good Luck :D

Naama

Practically Family
Yay! I hope this will work out great for you :)

These days I'm also thinking about changing something in my life, but so far I don't really have figured out how to do it yet.... So you can be really proud of yourself! :eusa_clap

Naama

freebird

Practically Family
Congratulations! :eusa_clap I studied cosmetology as an adult also, you'll have fun, just don't get crossways with the owner as I did. :eek:

freebird

Practically Family
Darhling said:
I am so curious as to why you tried that field Freebird?

:eek: It was on the advice of a lady friend. :eek: That and I wanted to be a barber, and there were no barber schools nearby. I actually learned quite a bit, like red nail polish is used for the state board exams because it is the hardest to remove. Yes, I did have to wear red nail polish on days we practiced for our state board exams. :eek: lol

perfectredlips

New in Town
No difference between "beauty school" and "Cosmetology"...I think "beauty" is a more generic term and could be used for Esthi classes or Nail tech classes. When you say Cosmetology it just means all of them including hair.

Thanks for the vote of confidence! The reaction has been very mixed in my peer group. Most of them are very confused as to why I'm not going for my masters or some other...more accepted "higher education". Im really disappointed by their reactions...but I know this will make me happy and that is all that matters.

Thanks again ladies....I plan on opening a salon that has a very vintage feel and a does great vintage styles!

Miss Crisplock

A-List Customer
Well you can count on me as your Aesthetician. As a former and possibly future beauty school instructor (Aesthetics) feel free to ask questions. I'm sure you will succeed famously.:eusa_clap

BakingInPearls

One of the Regulars
I got my Esthetican Liscense and came back to get my Cosmetology Liscense, currently 700 hours in, after Cosmetology the exhilirating world of Barbering School! Congrats on going, it's hard work but I have found nothing but joy from it!

zaika

One Too Many
congrats!! you're an inspiration for those of us considering the same thing. jumping the secure ship, that is...and following The Dream. :eusa_clap

i hope you come back here and share bits of your experiences.

Caroline

One of the Regulars
perfectredlips said:
Thanks for the vote of confidence! The reaction has been very mixed in my peer group. Most of them are very confused as to why I'm not going for my masters or some other...more accepted "higher education". Im really disappointed by their reactions...but I know this will make me happy and that is all that matters.

Well you have all of our positive reactions! I expect the same reaction when I leap from art research to nursing school. lol "Uh, no offence, but I'm leaving the field forever, but, nothing personal." lol Congrats again - you're a role model for all of us!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner