Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

WTB — horse A-2 in 44/46 L or XL?

mattmiller1973

Familiar Face
I’ve been searching high and low for a dark seal or black horsehide A-2 in 44-46 Long or Extra Long — I have a 46” chest and very long arms. I’m 6’4”, 205 lbs.

from previous jackets I know I need something close to these measurements:

shoulders: 19”
Pit-to-pit: 24”
Sleeves: 28”
Length: 28”

I’ve had orders into Aero, BK and SB for months and months, but no dice and really hardly any email replies. Eastman got back to me right away, but they offer little-to-no customization. I would buy the .50 Cal in a heartbeat but I don’t want “time worn.” I still may though...

Not interested in Cockpit, Avirex, etc,

Give me a shout if you have anything!

Thanks,
Matt

Fiver64

Practically Family
Hi Matt, Contact Mark Fisher at NORSHOR LEATHER. Top notch quality, outstanding customer service and attention to detail, and he makes custom projects in a timely manner. He made a unique custom jacket for me years ago and it's still going strong. You won't be disappointed, price won't kill you and you'll have the jacket of your dreams. Good luck! Eric
https://www.norshorleatherjackets.com/jackets

mattmiller1973

Familiar Face
Thanks very much, I’ll check it out. I do already have orders in at Eastman, Bill Kelso, and Aero though. So three A-2’s incoming, with the ELC literally in the mail.

Brettafett

One Too Many
Hi Matt,
I feel your pain. I also have the long arm issue lol
I have owned jackets from almost everyone, A-2s, G-1s, M-422as, etc GW, ELC, BK, Platon, Aero, dozens others, incl originals.

You will struggle. Long sizes are not common, esp in larger sizes. It will have to be custom.
You best bet, honestly is:

1. BK - Hang in there. I recently received an email from them, they are back and working through orders and emails. Id send another polite email. BK comms is notorious, but... their jackets are second to none. Period.
Plus, they have a 'new' batch of dark sealLiberty arriving soon!
Patience is a virtue. I have three BK A-2s now and they are my all-time favourites and keepers. Yes, I played the waiting game...

2. Try Aero again - Usually, they get back to you... Not as 'authentic' regs patterns and some small details, but decent A-2s for the money. And they should do custom work.

I may have a GW Monarch 46 F/S, still deciding... but the sleeves are 26 and the back 24.5, so this won't work.

mattmiller1973

Familiar Face
I actually just got my ELC RW in 46 XL today. It fits pretty well in the arms now, although I fear they’ll shrink up with wear. The only weird thing about it the collar — it looks like I’m wearing one of those neck pillows people take on planes! I’ll show you fit pics later.

i am still hopeful for BK. I’m a bit nervous about the sizing, but guessing Andy will get back to me before they start sewing it. Aero is on point, ever since I started speaking with Holly I’m confident she’ll make it a perfect fit (and I’m excited about the jerky HH).

pS do you prefer the dark seal or regular seal from BK? Do you have both? Would love to see a side-by-side.

Brettafett

One Too Many
Hi Matt,

For me, definitely the Seal liberty.
By far most original A-2s I've seen were of a mid brown seal colour, the shades vary of course.
Also a great many russet browns of varying hues and shades. Some would agree they've seen more russet A-2s than anything, I guess it depends where you are and what you've seen.
There are darker seal A-2s of course, but not as common.

Ive had samples from BK (and everyone else) multiple times.
I understand the 'new' batch od dark seal will be slightly lighter than the current offering. I would ask for samples.
In fact, I may also ;)

Regs sizing, after years and so many ELCs and wot not, BK came through. I now have three BKs that fir me better than any repro A-2 Ive had in the past. I would hazard to say, you will go up one size from what Andy recommends, or up from your chest size.
So, Im a 40" chest and I wear a 42 long.

Sending measurements of an A-2 you currently wear will do wonders, they are good that way.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GokhanB