Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

WTB: Aero 1930s Half Belt size 44

bluesforchallah

Practically Family
Thanks Dave. I responded to your PM.

I've decided to purchase new directly from Thurston Bros. since I live here in the Seattle area, it's convenient and I certainly do like supporting small local business'. :) Do to the natural gas explosion in the neighborhood (next door actually) to Insurrection/Thurston Bros., I'm working with Carrie via email. She has a 'fit jacket' going out to me today for me to receive tomorrow and well see where this goes. I'm super stoked.

Edward

Bartender
You were able to buy stock? Nice! That's the only drawback for me ordering from aero - I have to wait! ;) Is that the Premier model? How did you find the sizing?

bluesforchallah

Practically Family
You were able to buy stock? Nice! That's the only drawback for me ordering from aero - I have to wait! ;) Is that the Premier model? How did you find the sizing?

It's the standard model. As for fit, it helps to live within a few miles of Insurrection/Thurston Bros. I went in on the 5th and tried one on for size and found the stock 44 fit me pretty well, so when I was ready to order I already had an idea of what I needed. I had Carrie send me a fit jacket again just to make sure; due to the explosion in their neighborhood, if I didn't want to go the mail order route, I would have had to wait the 4-5 weeks until they could reopen their shop; I loved the 'fit jacket' she sent so I just decided to just keep that one. :D :thumbs up:

Edward

Bartender
Ah, yes - I see that from the collar. I was thrown by the chain-puller on the chest zip; only ever seen that on the Premier model before. I have my eye on a Premier version myself, if the fit works for me; I'd love to buy one from stock (I've bought two Aero jackets from stock from the over the years - serious near-instant gratification!), but I do like to have an interior pocket and another minor mod or two.

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
Excellent work on that one Chris! I also bought an off the rack 44 30's HB from Carrie directly back in November. Sort of a similar Instant gratification issue as Edward, however the second one I had taken a lot more time to think about. First for me is my size 42 Café Race which I still treasure. Mine HB is black with cotton lining, and has the same pocket/zipper/angle and pull on it. I love it! Sure glad all of you are OK out there after that explosion!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112