Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wtb: akubra campdraft size 60 or 61

illumin8em

A-List Customer
Howdy folks

I'm looking for a campdraft, preferably in silverbelly but open to other colors in size 60 or 61. My last size 60 shrunk over a hot summer road trip so it'd have to be pretty unexposed for a 60 to work. I'll have to have it stretched to an XL oval anyways. I know that the current AUS prices are very affordable but I just thought someone may have something laying around at a decent price here.

Thanks

Last edited:

l0fielectronic

Practically Family
Just a heads up in case you missed the post elsewhere on the forum, Everything Australian has a 15%(ish) sale on them for the next two days.

konadog

Practically Family
i have a silverbelly Borsalino Alessandria for sale in about this size. very similar hat as I've owned both.

i have a silverbelly Borsalino Alessandria for sale in about this size. very similar hat as I've owned both.
Is it a 60 or 61? Does it fit a bit on the tight side? I am a 59 but tend towards a 60 in a Borsalino. If you think it might fit shoot me a PM with some pics and a price. Is the Silverbelly on the grey side or more tan?

illumin8em

A-List Customer
Thanks all for the suggestions and offer. I received the email about the sale, it's actually what got me thinking of just asking here. The Borso looks nice but not what I'm looking to pay at the moment.

l0fielectronic

Practically Family
Yes, contemplating a new Silverbelly as the price is hard to resist....but a 3 month wait in my size. Don't deal with delayed gratification all that well.

I saw a mention of that in another thread - is this the norm then? There isn't anything on their website about that for this colour - Or is it just if they don't have that size listed?

I saw a mention of that in another thread - is this the norm then? There isn't anything on their website about that for this colour - Or is it just if they don't have that size listed?

Sam at EA tends to stock only the Campdraft in BluegrassGreen. Other colours have a 3 month wait but sometimes he will happen to have other colours in stock in random sizes. Sam's prices are lower than other suppliers as he does not stock much but batches his orders with Akubra. Cuts down on inventory costs. Hats Direct is more expensive but they carry a much wider range of choice in stock.

l0fielectronic

Practically Family
Thanks. A somewhat misleading website then if that is the case then. I did order one yesterday as I'd been thinking to for some time, the automated email following payment said "Leaves warehouse in 1-2 Days" - I guess time will tell.

(And my apologies to the OP for this slight thread hijack!)

Thanks. A somewhat misleading website then if that is the case then. I did order one yesterday as I'd been thinking to for some time, the automated email following payment said "Leaves warehouse in 1-2 Days" - I guess time will tell.

(And my apologies to the OP for this slight thread hijack!)
I just pulled the PayPal trigger on a CD Silverbelly. My confirmation stated "3 months" so you may have got the one still on Sam's shelf. Using my BG CD as a sample Akubras still are one of life's real bargains. Even paying with the Canadian dollar roughly on par with Aus it is a great buy. If I was paying in US greenbacks would be hard pressed to not own many more....about $100 delivered in US$....damn!

And only if you're size 55-59 and 62-63, otherwise, it's a 2 month wait. My size 61 was suppose to be 2 months, 2 months stretched into 5 1/2 months.
He quoted me 3 months on this Silverbelly. I suspect that is an estimation based on his ordering schedule and sometimes if there is a delay at either end it could (and I guess does) stretch to 5+ months. Still I don't want for hat selection while I wait and his pricing is so much better than Hats Direct it was an easy choice.

l0fielectronic

Practically Family
I guess I got lucky, or maybe they did order in some ahead of their sale, as I had the despatch notice today. I'm not in a big hurry and I've been considering ordering one of these for a while so it was good to have an excuse to do so.

I hope your wait is no longer than announced!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo