Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

WTB: Borsalino any fedora style 7 5/8 rollable with box

bobkeenan

Familiar Face
I am new to this forum and the subject of hats from the golden era. But I am facinated with then rollable fedoras with the triangular boxes and really want one. I am guessing that they are a bit rare and probably pricey but I still want one. Not that picky on color or style as long as it is fedora- like.

makitright01

New in Town
I've got a pack able Borsalino in size 62. It did not come with a box. Bought it 2 years ago from JJHatCenter in NYC. Let me know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bobkeenan

Familiar Face
I've got a pack able Borsalino in size 62. It did not come with a box. Bought it 2 years ago from JJHatCenter in NYC. Let me know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks but I am looking for an older one that comes with the box. But I will be in NYC in Sept. i will have to visit that JJHat center.

makitright

One of the Regulars
JJ'S no longer carries the Borsalino brand is my understanding.

Here are the pics of the Alessandria packable version if you change your mind.
Screen Shot 2016-05-25 at 3.06.17 PM.png
Screen Shot 2016-05-25 at 3.08.46 PM.png

I am new to this forum and the subject of hats from the golden era. But I am facinated with then rollable fedoras with the triangular boxes and really want one. I am guessing that they are a bit rare and probably pricey but I still want one. Not that picky on color or style as long as it is fedora- like.

These were shipping boxes for hats purchased in Italy in the 1950s. The hats they contained were generally thin and supple felts with a non-reeded sweatband. They were not intended to be "rollables" - they required shaping and steaming to remove rumples once they arrived at their home destination. I have a half dozen of these. All were unworn souvenirs that had been resting in the box for 60+ years. Each required quite a bit of work to remove the creases from long-term storage. The Borsalino Pocket Hat, with its grosgrain ribbon sweatband, was designed and constructed to be rolled for travel.

Unfortunately, I do not have any in your size.

tommyK

One Too Many
Unfortunately you're asking for a size that is going for a crazy premium right now ( I know because it's my size too). A nice vintage Borsalino and a Stetson Stratoliner in this size just sold in the $350 range. They can certainly be got for less with vigilant watching of various sources but you'll have to be quick and lucky

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24