Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

WTB: Brown 1930s / 1940s Suit ~ 38R

volatile

A-List Customer
I keep searching, and searching in vain, for a good quality 1930s or 40s plain brown suit. They seem to be much harder to come by than black and blue ones! Anyone have one lurking at the back of their closets they'd be willing to let go to a good home?

- DB or SB
- 38 Jacket
- 30 - 31 trousers (brace buttons & high waist preferred).

Thanks!

volatile

A-List Customer
Baron Kurtz said:
Good luck. I have one in beautiful chocolate gabardine, which is a bit "zoot" on me, unfortunately. Sadly, i don't think the legs will come down enough for you, and there's a bit of fading.

Now i've been reminded of it, i shall wear him tomorrow.

bk

I'm so in love with the blue one you sold me that I'm forever searching for others that reach its majesty.... :)

Post pics if you do wear him, wontcha?!

skyvue

Call Me a Cab
I have a great dark brown suit. I have no idea of the size, except I can't begin to fit into it anymore (I'm currently a 42-43).

It was hand-tailored in Hong Kong in, I think, the late 1940s, and is made of what I think is thick wool gabardine.

I'll dig out and take some measurements and photos.

volatile

A-List Customer
skyvue said:
I have a great dark brown suit. I have no idea of the size, except I can't begin to fit into it anymore (I'm currently a 42-43).

It was hand-tailored in Hong Kong in, I think, the late 1940s, and is made of what I think is thick wool gabardine.

I'll dig out and take some measurements and photos.

Would you? How wonderful!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR