wtb buco repro in size 42 Brown in color

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by photo2u, May 29, 2017.

1. AeroFan_07

AeroFan_07 My Mail is Forwarded Here

Wish I had one for you...but Tony, I have to ask, How could you get rid of that brown J106? So very wonderful... (sorry bud, couldn't resist :)

2. ton312

ton312

It was really nice! But ultimately the j-106 I have now absolutely blows it away...it was destiny.

AeroFan_07 likes this.
  3. Hammerklavier

Hammerklavier One of the Regulars

Your black j106 is actually steerhide, right? There is no way 3oz HH can be that heavy

4. ton312

ton312

Indeed it is Steerhide. I would realistically put it between 4.5 and 5oz. It is vastly heavier than anything I've ever handled, including Stuart's galloping blue horse.

Hammerklavier likes this.
  5. Hammerklavier

How do you compare with either SB's steerhide or Johnson's CXL overdye

6. ton312

ton312

Both lighter. The SB steer is quite heavy tho. The JL I purchased is 4.25oz and it's lighter than the Aero as well. I believe Alan can spec the weight of the overdye up to as many oz's as you'd like. I think Stu's horse, at least the one I had sat around 3.75-4oz.

Hammerklavier likes this.
  7. kyannz

kyannz New in Town

Hi all.

Just a few comments about the J106. I bought this jacket but not from Tony. It is in russet SH not brown. It is two yo now and it looks like a vintage jacket of "my grandpa". Somewhere it is black, somewhere - brown or red. The shadows play on the sun. It may be darker or lighter depending on the lights. It is just ... incredible.

The weight is 3.1 kg (6.83433 p), thickness is 1.3 mm

Two or even three years ago the j23 was my dream. Right now... not sure. I ve got two J106 and would like to have at least one more in cordovan HH. Aero's leather is amazing. I have 3 Vansons, Langlitz 10 pockets Colubmia, Fox Creek, California Creators. None of them is as good as Aero.

ton312 likes this.
  8. ton312

ton312

J 106 in cordo would be awesome. Two toned cordo and black CXL would be very cool as well!

9. photo2u

photo2u One of the Regulars

A LW j23 sold in ebay for 800 dollars several months ago for 800 Very nice jacket but not the color I was looking for. I was thinking in buying one new from the LW but every time I asked for a little change in their off the shelve jacket the price went up very quickly. For me, this is a turn off.

10. Hammerklavier

Order brown cxl steerhide from Aero will be a good choice if you don't mind to wait few months. If you want thick horsehide, then LW is your only choice, IMHO.