Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

WTB Freewheelers Mulholland black or brown size 38 or 40

Robbie79

Call Me a Cab
https://buyee.jp/item/yahoo/auction/p807303350?conversionType=search_suggest

Vintage Black in size 38. Looks to be in brand new condition, but with that comes an almost full price. But still nowhere near 3K.
@jeo Many thanks for sharing the link. I've seen that but, as you said, the price difference between this one and a new one is not that high. Moreover, other stores both deduct Japanese VAT and are willing to reduce the amount on the invoice in order to keep the ~25% extra cost for VAT and import duty as low as possible. One day there will be one (not necessarily an almost new one) for ~1000-1200€....OK I'm starting to dream ;) Anyway, thanks again....and if you ever decide to sell your vintage brown one, please let me know but I'm sure you will never sell it as it looks perfect on you!

jeo

One Too Many
@jeo Many thanks for sharing the link. I've seen that but, as you said, the price difference between this one and a new one is not that high. Moreover, other stores both deduct Japanese VAT and are willing to reduce the amount on the invoice in order to keep the ~25% extra cost for VAT and import duty as low as possible. One day there will be one (not necessarily an almost new one) for ~1000-1200€....OK I'm starting to dream ;) Anyway, thanks again....and if you ever decide to sell your vintage brown one, please let me know but I'm sure you will never sell it as it looks perfect on you!

I definitely will although mine is a size 36.

What size is your caboose?

jeo

One Too Many
My brown Caboose is a size 36 as well and it fits me pretty well, although any larger it will be big. That’s why I can comfortably wear my size 34 black Caboose.

The Mulholland fits larger and roomier than the Caboose. My 36 Mulholland is borderline big on me, although based on the measurements of the jacket, it should fit me better. I use it as a layering jacket.

Robbie79

Call Me a Cab
My brown Caboose is a size 36 as well and it fits me pretty well, although any larger it will be big. That’s why I can comfortably wear my size 34 black Caboose.

The Mulholland fits larger and roomier than the Caboose. My 36 Mulholland is borderline big on me, although based on the measurements of the jacket, it should fit me better. I use it as a layering jacket.
Great collection, Man!! I llike all of your jackets (at least the ones I know). I didn't know that you also have a black Caboose :) Please post a pic of it soon!
Ok, thanks for confirming. Your jackets would be too tight on me. FW Caboose size 38 is rather tight fit, FW Sunset size 38 slightly looser fit and yes, I'm aware that I would need some layering if I find a size 40 Mulholland. I guess a size 38 would be just perfect and size 36 would be similar to size 38 Caboose.
Have a good day!
Cheers,
Robbie

jeo

One Too Many
Great collection, Man!! I llike all of your jackets (at least the ones I know). I didn't know that you also have a black Caboose :) Please post a pic of it soon!
Ok, thanks for confirming. Your jackets would be too tight on me. FW Caboose size 38 is rather tight fit, FW Sunset size 38 slightly looser fit and yes, I'm aware that I would need some layering if I find a size 40 Mulholland. I guess a size 38 would be just perfect and size 36 would be similar to size 38 Caboose.
Have a good day!
Cheers,
Robbie

If your size 38 caboose is a rather tight fit, the size 38 Mulholland will be a perfect fit for you.

Here's my size 34 black caboose.

IMG-5828.jpg
IMG-5835.jpg

jeo

One Too Many
Thanks! Really nice! I can't say if I like the Caboose more or the Mulholland - both in their own way are perfect IMO!

I agree that they are both perfect designs, but IMO the caboose's cut is a little weird. The shoulders are really rounded and there's too much of an hour glass shape in the body. The overall silhouette is just off for me. That's why I bought the caboose in a size smaller and it's not as pronounced on my size 34. It doesn't have that classic sharp shoulder angles that look really nice IMO.

Here's what I'm talking about:

caboose 2.jpg

You can kind of see it in this picture
Screen Shot 2020-12-17 at 1.55.16 PM.png

Not to say that all caboose fits look bad. These fits look amazing!

Screen Shot 2020-12-17 at 2.19.16 PM.png

I like a more of a straight shoulder angle. It's a more classic look IMO. This is the silhouette of the Rainbow Country single riders jacket.

Screen Shot 2020-12-17 at 2.16.07 PM.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran