Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

WTB: Gurkha British army "Trousers, Khaki Drill"

laz

New in Town
Thought I'd start thread to try and find a source for these high waisted,
pleated, wrap and buckled trousers. Silvermans has them but shipping to US is 50 pounds! Any assistance would be appreciated.
Thanx,
laz ross
loquatt@yahoo.com

H.Johnson

One Too Many
Ironically, it was the Ghurka regiments that protested about the impracticability of the 1950 pattern waist (according to Mike Chappell, who knows these things). During the 1950s and 60s Malaya, Borneo and Indonesia emergencies the Ghurka regiments were issued with different kit than the other British units after the 1944 Pattern jungle gear was replaced (why?). This gear has the word 'Ghurka' on the label which, as the Baron points out, 1950 pattern gear never does. The Ghurka waistband had no buckles which was the point of discomfort when worn under the 1944 pattern belt-order. The green colour of Ghurka jungle gear is also different and the shirts have black buttons as the Ghurkas are considered to be a rifle regiment.

You could say that cross-over trousers and shorts could therefore be called 'non-Ghurka' items. Pedantic? Moi?

Baron Kurtz said:
hmmm, well they're not really Ghurka. There is some JG kit that's marked "Ghurkas" (like some stuff was marked "Scottish Regiments"), but i've never seen KD trousers marked as "Ghurka".

I am looking through my stock for you. What inseam do you need?

bk

cookie

I'll Lock Up
H.Johnson said:
Ironically, it was the Ghurka regiments that protested about the impracticability of the 1950 pattern waist (according to Mike Chappell, who knows these things). During the 1950s and 60s Malaya, Borneo and Indonesia emergencies the Ghurka regiments were issued with different kit than the other British units after the 1944 Pattern jungle gear was replaced (why?). This gear has the word 'Ghurka' on the label which, as the Baron points out, 1950 pattern gear never does. The Ghurka waistband had no buckles which was the point of discomfort when worn under the 1944 pattern belt-order. The green colour of Ghurka jungle gear is also different and the shirts have black buttons as the Ghurkas are considered to be a rifle regiment.

You could say that cross-over trousers and shorts could therefore be called 'non-Ghurka' items. Pedantic? Moi?

Not pedantic....what makes this place so authentic....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner