Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

WTB/Looking for tweed overcoat - Sz 38

lefty12

Familiar Face
I'm looking for a tweed overcoat that has a belt.
Donegal would be nice.

Currently I wear a 38s for a jacket.

If anyone has one to sell, do let me know.

Thanks!

reetpleat

Call Me a Cab
Not to be too discouraging, but that might be a tall order, but not impossible. here is why.

Most tweed coats you will find will be 40s and 50s. belts were not as common as earlier. Most tweed coats are done in a single breasted style. Again, single breasted belted is rare. Most tweed coats are done in a sporty style. Again, belted is rare.

You will probably need to find one from the 20s or 30s, or maybe english would be more likely.

Not an expert on these older styles, esp english, so other members might be able to say more.

If you just want a belt, you might be able to find a long one and make it from a piece on the bottom. But if you want the db style, then might be hard to find. If you find one that is long and done in polo wstyle, meaning just a back belt, then again, you might be able to do with fabric from the bottom.

I sold a great double breasted donegal tweed on ebay with fur lining. I was surprised it only brought about $35. But alas, no belt.

A little more info on color, style of fabric, (fleck, etc) cut, and era would be helpful.

lefty12

Familiar Face
I see. Well if that is the case, then I'd have to widen my options to a wool overcoat, double Breasted and belted. Black/Navy/Midnight Blue.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ayanda