Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

WTB: Size 7 3/8 Fedora

Flipped Lid

One of the Regulars
I'm looking to buy my first felt fedora. I'm in search of a size 7 3/8 medium to dark brown or medium gray fedora with no less than a 2 1/2" brim. I've been searching eBay when I have time and I have another lounger who has graciously consented to keep an eye out for me, but I'm not finding much lately. If you have something along this line that you don't wear and would consider selling, please respond in this thread. I'm not interested in a western style hat at this time. This is going to be an everyday hat and not for formal occasions, so if it has a tiny flaw or two that is not too obvious, it's not a problem. I'd like to spend $75 or less, but I'd spend more for the right hat.

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
I also will keep an eye out for you, as that is a size I seek aside from a 7 1/2 which I prefer. If you keep looking you will eventually find that one hat deal that you have been waiting for.

Flipped Lid

One of the Regulars
Thank you. I'm not in a huge hurry since we have several weeks of warm weather ahead of us in Indiana. I can wear my straw hat during the day and I have a couple of flat caps for evening.

Terry "The Hat"

Practically Family
I have this exact hat in another color and it is unbelieveable. The fur felt is so soft and the leather band is very large and comfortable. These hats were made by Lee out East for JC Penney and are very high quality (Supreme Felt) and this is the top of their line from the 50's and early 60's. It's a little too small for me but looks like it would fit you perfect. Color sounds right too. You would not be sorry.

Terry "The Hat"

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=370533284601&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

scottyrocks

I'll Lock Up
Terry, you might want to fix your description. If the hat you're selling is a little to large for you, and it's a 21 1/2" inner circumference, then you don't wear a 7 1/4, you wear in the vicinity of a 7. Or you measured wrong.

Flipped Lid

One of the Regulars
That was pointed out to me by another Lounger. It is a very nice hat and I'll keep an eye on it. I wish it was a couple of shades darker. I'd be all over it. I'm not ruling it out. Thank you very much.

I have this exact hat in another color and it is unbelieveable. The fur felt is so soft and the leather band is very large and comfortable. These hats were made by Lee out East for JC Penney and are very high quality (Supreme Felt) and this is the top of their line from the 50's and early 60's. It's a little too small for me but looks like it would fit you perfect. Color sounds right too. You would not be sorry.

Terry "The Hat"

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=370533284601&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Terry "The Hat"

Practically Family
Terry, you might want to fix your description. If the hat you're selling is a little to large for you, and it's a 21 1/2" inner circumference, then you don't wear a 7 1/4, you wear in the vicinity of a 7. Or you measured wrong.

Oh no, I'm not selling it. The Ebay hat is too small for me but the member looking for it wears that size. I wear a 7 1/2 to 7 5/8 which mine is. I'm not selling mine because I love it.

randooch

I'll Lock Up
Until the perfect hat comes along, you might consider tackling a conversion from western to fedora. Look through the conversion thread for inspiration. You can pick up many shades for 20-50 bucks each.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran