Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

WTB Two-Tone Hollywood Jacket

CONELRAD

One of the Regulars
I'm looking to buy a 1940s Howard Hughes style Hollywood jacket in about a size to fit 42 to 44, preferably with a chest measurement of anywhere from 48 to 51, but 46 should work as well. I'm looking for the 1940s style with the front made of one fabric and a back, sleeves, and collar another, rather than the 1950s paneled and belted style. Preferably in at least good condition with no major damage. No particular color preference.

If anyone has one of those that fits that description and you're willing to sell, please contact me through email or private message.

Thanks very much

Last edited:

DamianM

Vendor
http://www.etsy.com/listing/92840310/howard-hughes-1940s-hollywood-jacket?image_id=312137944

Like this one above.. note mine but that's what your looking for.

il_570xN.312137944.jpg

I make my own in linen.

http://www.etsy.com/listing/119920179/40s-vintage-mens-gabardine-howard-hughes

il_570xN.413871394_thkc.jpg

then theres this one

Last edited:

CONELRAD

One of the Regulars
I've seen both of those before, the top one certainly would be too small, the bottom should fit, but I'm not entirely sure. The bottom one is closer to what I'm looking for, three pockets and three buttons.

Last edited:

VintageEveryday

A-List Customer
If I were you,I'd have a tailor "Frankenstein" two thrift store sport coats or suit jackets together (one solid colored and one with some sort of pattern) in order to make this. Take the jacket that's the main body (ex: a Glen plaid), remove the sleeves. Change the lapels on the glen plaid to a higher gorge by adding a button and buttonhole or two. Then add the sleeves of the second, solid colored coat to the first. Next, use the remaining fabric from the solid colored one to make the spearpoint collar and attach it to the collar of the glen plaid. That's what I intend to do, because there's no way I'm paying ANYTHING over a hundred dollars for even a reproduction of a '40s loafer jacket when I can just do this for a much cheaper price and still achieve almost the exact same look.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusa80