Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

WTB: Vanson Model F or Oxford 9D

Having sold my recently acquired (and too small) model F…..Long shot I know but would love to find a brown model F that fits or an Oxford 9D.
I can wear a size 40”-42”-44” depends on the numbers.
I probably have a better chance of domesticating an alligator but in the spirit of “it doesn’t hurt to ask” I hereby post this thread.

Insert chirping cricket gif

Insert tumbleweed gif

Mawashi

One of the Regulars
Getting a really good Vanson seems to be a real challenge, I too would like to get a Vanson Oxford or Royale E in a 38 and it been a very looooog wait too lol!

If I wanted it to be in an Octagon, I think I'll have to wait another decade or so more sigh...

I have a brown, russet in a 46, but I know it is big for you. Check out this black one on Ebay.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/195663762398
I would like to know why yours did not have all the Model F issues, like too small a collar and too low chest pockets.
I’ve seen that black one! Really hoping for brown and I do think a 46” would probably be too big. Mine was first Gen. Full HB and collar like a boss!
F252E72D-D7E0-47CE-BC0F-38AB0E03B659.jpeg
CCE9CC0C-7A36-4B50-B75D-D8D5E0F38ACF.jpeg

At some point in the early 80’s Vanson essentially standardized the B, Enfield, F and 9D backs with only minor differences between them. They also changed the front pocket and collar on the F.

Khilij

One of the Regulars
I was able to have a 42 oxford in the brandy cowhide made a couple years ago. It took over a year to get but it's one hell of a jacket. Is that a route you could pursue? I admit I am unfamiliar with Vanson's current lead times.

I was able to have a 42 oxford in the brandy cowhide made a couple years ago. It took over a year to get but it's one hell of a jacket. Is that a route you could pursue? I admit I am unfamiliar with Vanson's current lead times.
I've stopped and started so many orders with them. Took them 9 months to make my Derby jacket. I find the custom order process infuriating with Vanson. I just don't have the patience. Could be that I ultimately have to go that route though....Can you share a pic of yours? Would be nice to be able to send them something and simply say "This please"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana