Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

WTB: Vintage Stetson Open Road

25B

Suspended
Patience pays off.

Actually, it was a combination of money and not listening to people telling me to buy a modern cardboard wool felt one because apparently I wouldn't know the difference.

So I am sorry that a 7X clear beaver is going to surely be wasted on such a rube like myself, especially since I'll be wearing it in <gasp> a cattleman crease instead of a fedora bash.

Edit: I just re-read this and it could be read in the wrong tone and make people irate, so please feel free to mentally add in as many :) as you need to until you're not angry anymore. :)

Last edited:

DanO

One of the Regulars
Actually, it was a combination of money and not listening to people telling me to buy a modern cardboard wool felt one because apparently I wouldn't know the difference.

So I am sorry that a 7X clear beaver is going to surely be wasted on such a rube like myself, especially since I'll be wearing it in <gasp> a cattleman crease instead of a fedora bash.

Edit: I just re-read this and it could be read in the wrong tone and make people irate, so please feel free to mentally add in as many :) as you need to until you're not angry anymore. :)
:):) Wow! :):) Good Luck:D

25B

Suspended
Looking forward to seeing your 7X CB, 25B.

Sent directly from my mind to yours.

Yeah, I just got it yesterday...I see what people mean by the clay-like ability to mold/crease it...it took a little experimenting, but I finally got it creased close to how my grandfather wore his...

If I can sign up with an image hosting service, I'll try to post pics soon...

Yeah, I just got it yesterday...I see what people mean by the clay-like ability to mold/crease it...it took a little experimenting, but I finally got it creased close to how my grandfather wore his...

If I can sign up with an image hosting service, I'll try to post pics soon...

After X number of posts - maybe 20 - you can post images directly to the site.

How old is it?

25B

Suspended
After X number of posts - maybe 20 - you can post images directly to the site.

How old is it?

Not 100% certain...I've noted a few benchmarks...

Sweat is brown and 2" wide...liner appears to be silk screened...liner tip is a sort of frosted plastic...I'll see if I can carefully look under the sweat for any other markings...

25B

Suspended
Ok, a little more info...after reading the thread on dating stetsons by liner/sweat, this one appears to be late 40's/ early 50's.

I also learned the type liner tip in mine is apparently referred to as oil silk.

It has the department store's original price tag of $50.00. This tag also is marked with "3F / 65" and "48005".

The size tag is round, cream colored cardstock with maroon text showing the size as 1/8 and "MID OVAL" printed on it.

It has 91100 stamped on the inside of the sweat.

Will try to post pics, if I can yet...(these are all I can post for now...forum software is whining about the pic size of the others and I don't have any way to resize them at the moment from my phone...)

Attachments

• IMG_3888.JPG
    IMG_3888.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 266
  • IMG_3893.JPG
    IMG_3893.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 267
  • IMG_3885.JPG
    IMG_3885.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 294
Last edited:
No need to put all this in the classifieds. There is a dedicated OR thread.

Ok, a little more info...after reading the thread on dating stetsons by liner/sweat, this one appears to be late 40's/ early 50's.

I also learned the type liner tip in mine is apparently referred to as oil silk.

It has the department store's original price tag of $50.00. This tag also is marked with "3F / 65" and "48005".

The size tag is round, cream colored cardstock with maroon text showing the size as 1/8 and "MID OVAL" printed on it.

It has 91100 stamped on the inside of the sweat.

Will try to post pics, if I can yet...(these are all I can post for now...forum software is whining about the pic size of the others and I don't have any way to resize them at the moment from my phone...)

25B, here is the Open Road thread. Hope you can post soon, as I'm looking forward to seeing the rest of the pics.

Not 100% certain...I've noted a few benchmarks...

Sweat is brown and 2" wide...liner appears to be silk screened...liner tip is a sort of frosted plastic...I'll see if I can carefully look under the sweat for any other markings...

The "last drop" image on the liner is embroidered.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24