Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

WTS: Aero Maxwell FQHH, Black, large 38

RMF308

One of the Regulars
**Sold**: Aero Maxwell in Black FQHH. Large size 38.

I've only wore this about 6 times and the sleeves are just starting to show some creasing. I custom ordered this from Carrie at Thurston Bros in May of last year. I have just too many jackets to wear (bought 4 from Carrie last year alone) and I just bought another one so I need to free up some room in my closet. This jacket fits like a 30's HB and seems slightly larger in the P2P area than its tag size.

*Sold** $675 +shipping from Seattle. PP preferred.

Here are the full secs from the order

STYLE- Maxwell with left side double-welted chest pocket (no closure), single-point “V” yoke, no pleats coming out of half belt,
SIZE- 38
LEATHER- Heavy CXL FQHH
COLOUR- Black
BUTTON TYPE- Black Corozo buttons with nickel side cinches
LINING- Lochcarron Solid Green Weathered Light Weight wool lining with black cotton drill in sleeves
STORM CUFFS- No
SLEEVE LENGTH- 26 inches (current actual measurement)
BODY LENGTH- 26.25 inches
INSIDE POCKETS- Left side vertical interior pocket with nickel Talon zip.
SHOULDER- 17.75 inches
PIT TO PIT- 23 inches
CUFFS- Standard single Corozo button.

FURTHER INSTRUCTIONS –
1) Left side chest pocket with double welt (no closure)
2) Single point yoke
3) Leather-lined cuffs
4) Nickel hardware on side cinches
5) Black Corozo buttons
6) No pleats coming out of half belt
7) Please attached 3 inches of corduroy along bottom hem of jacket lining
8) Regular Aero Label

Last edited:
Wow. Beautiful jacket. Measurements seem closer to a 42" in the chest! Fantastic deal! Wish I had the scratch for it myself.

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
4spurs, I have a Café Racer with that as well, I believe it's for increased wear/durability around the hem of the jacket, where wool, cotton & sateen/polyester tend to get holes and rub marks on them. Maybe someone else knows this topic better, however seems plausible to me.

RMF308

One of the Regulars
4spurs, I have a Café Racer with that as well, I believe it's for increased wear/durability around the hem of the jacket, where wool, cotton & sateen/polyester tend to get holes and rub marks on them.

Yes, I had it done exactly for that purpose, the corduroy is more resistant to wear and tear against belts, plus it has the added advantage of inhibiting cotton/wool liner sag from dropping below the hem. Carrie told me that my jacket was one of the last jackets to have this option, I believe that Aero no longer offers this option on these jackets (alrhough the MC jackets still have interior leather kidney panels and I believe that the Shearling jackets still have the 3inch corduroy).

Update: this one is now Sold. Thanks TFL

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner