Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

WTS Lostworlds leathertogs /s44/ 4oz brown hh/ crown

red devil

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Thanks guys! shame i messed up with the sizing :(
But all actually its funny, after i started gym and lost weight, the "my jackets will sit better" was my best motivation haha :)
So more to come, and LW LT in a proper size on the list for sure!

Would you be looking for the same specs?

I am looking to have JL duplicate the same jacket that LW duplicates.

They will do a terrific job, very happy with the custom I had from them.

But why not go with a LW? Is it the custom measurement you want or the Horween hide?

red devil

In black 3oz hh, minus belt probably. Will see. Also maybe will relocate sleeve zips to my liking. I got this idea of "minimalistic black jacket" but not sure with who i will do it. Himmel or Langlitz are also quite tempting.

It never hurts to take the time to think it through, let us know if you want to discuss :D

jonbuilder

@ red devil:
Alan and Johnson Leathers is a known process for me. The only new made to order jacket I have ordered (custom or otherwise) is a Johnson Leathers. Alan will measure me, ask how I want the end jacket to fit and then make a test jacket of canvas for fitting. The test jacket (no details just a fit pattern only) will be marked and used for the final pattern. I will have a choice of hides, in fact, I can pick the actual hide JL will use, I can select the lining, make any modification to the leathertogs pattern like pocket placement and size.
The downside JL will not have the hardware, this I will have to source myself a daunting task to me. JL will not have an original Leathertogs jacket to work form like LW. Alan did make me the Speedway from pictures and my input and I am extremely happy. In fairness, I have never communicated with Lost Worlds, from what I have read I do not see the willingness to work with customers, that I have experienced at Johnson Leathers.
@Davidm My apologies if I am detracting from your sale.
Also the money factor.

But the Leathertogs is a lot shorter than the J-23's. I had one for several years but sadly had to let it go as I would have had to start running a 10K daily for 6 mos to get the damn thing to fit around the waist.

Stuart told me they're full on custom, length-wise. Leathertogs can be 30" back if you want it that way.

jonbuilder

No way I consider a jacket with a 26" back a leathertogs, maybe a leathertogs inspired jacket i.e. a hidden pocket under the breast flap. Leathertog was just a shorter jacket compared to today's FL standards. 25" back would be stretching the limits to stay within the original pattern design, 24" back much better.

oneterrifichog

Practically Family
Stuart told me they're full on custom, length-wise. Leathertogs can be 30" back if you want it that way.

Wow! That is good to know. I bought mine off his sale site many years ago. It was a 46 and fit perfect except at the waist. I friggin loved that jacket but could not ever get it to fit execept by suckin it in so much I could not breathe. I even tried to ride one day wearing it but just would not work; had to turn around. So I let it go figuring that you know the cut was so tight that I needed to think J-23's which I have owned several and still do. But Vanity and shoulders would not allow for a 48 so I subsequently gave up on the Leathertogs. The reason I like it so much is that it was actually a jacket used by some Air Force dudes during WWII. You can check LW's site and find an original that was worn during that time. That history plus Stuart's fantastic craftsmanship still keeps me "Jonesin" for one.

red devil

@ red devil:
Alan and Johnson Leathers is a known process for me. The only new made to order jacket I have ordered (custom or otherwise) is a Johnson Leathers. Alan will measure me, ask how I want the end jacket to fit and then make a test jacket of canvas for fitting. The test jacket (no details just a fit pattern only) will be marked and used for the final pattern. I will have a choice of hides, in fact, I can pick the actual hide JL will use, I can select the lining, make any modification to the leathertogs pattern like pocket placement and size.
The downside JL will not have the hardware, this I will have to source myself a daunting task to me. JL will not have an original Leathertogs jacket to work form like LW. Alan did make me the Speedway from pictures and my input and I am extremely happy. In fairness, I have never communicated with Lost Worlds, from what I have read I do not see the willingness to work with customers, that I have experienced at Johnson Leathers.
@Davidm My apologies if I am detracting from your sale.
Also the money factor.

To be fair, I do not believe any of the makers here will go as far as Alan in this... they weren't happy with the fit of the first mock-up, they made and sent me another one to make sure to get it right. That is only one aspect of my positive experience with them. Really looking forward to make another jacket with them :)

Wow! That is good to know. I bought mine off his sale site many years ago. It was a 46 and fit perfect except at the waist. I friggin loved that jacket but could not ever get it to fit execept by suckin it in so much I could not breathe. I even tried to ride one day wearing it but just would not work; had to turn around. So I let it go figuring that you know the cut was so tight that I needed to think J-23's which I have owned several and still do. But Vanity and shoulders would not allow for a 48 so I subsequently gave up on the Leathertogs. The reason I like it so much is that it was actually a jacket used by some Air Force dudes during WWII. You can check LW's site and find an original that was worn during that time. That history plus Stuart's fantastic craftsmanship still keeps me "Jonesin" for one.

It is a fantastic jacket, you will most likely be getting another one... heck, I am thinking of another one with different specs :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zonko