Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

WW2 Italian Red Cross uniform...

Annandamide

New in Town
Can anyone help?

My other half does WW2 Italian Re-enactment and I am to be a nurse this coming weekend! He's made me a fantastic uniform true to the limited information avaliable.

My question is this; the nurses seem to wear a variety of head gear, from a fairly standard white cap to variations on a kind of nun's head dress. I assume there must be religious associations, but was wondering if there was a difference because of rank. Some of the images I've found have nurses with shoulder boards and these seem to be the ones with navy blue head gear. The images are not clear enough to actually see the design on these. I have found it really difficult finding very much info. Any help would be greatly appreciated....

BellyTank

I'll Lock Up
I'd love to see some pics, or links, or maybe get in touch.
I'm interested in getting hold of some good repro Italian uniform items.
I've seen the worst of what's available and found out how difficult it is to get the good quality stuff. I'm not a reenactor, as such but have an interest and some Italian heritage to explore. I'm a collector of militaria and vintage clothing and familiar with the Italian uniforms and have a few original pieces but would like to make contact with someone who has procured a good assortment of repro items.

You can't send me a private message here(yet), unfortunately.

?

Thanks,

B
T

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR