Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

WWII German Civilian Wear

drkfrau

New in Town
Hi,

I just joined. Your topics are very interesting! I love the 20s, 30s, and 40s! I am interested in finding out whether German ladies wore culottes during the war.

Thanks,
Michele

GreyAndWhiteCat

Familiar Face
Sadley I do not remember the site, but I remeber reading about that culottes where in use for sports and the beach, but that they where discouraged. I remeber because I had to look upp what a culotte is.... I have to try and find the site again...

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
Culottes are (is?) a pair of trousers built to look like a skirt. There are separate legs, but the overall silhouette is that of a maybe midcalf skirt. They were popular for a while in the 60's, when I was a teenager. (Among girls, that is.)

drkfrau

New in Town
Thanks so much for all of your replies! I found this site: www.swingstyle.de If you look in the Museum section, under 1940-1942, you will see a photo of cotton culottes worn for evening. I made myself a pair of white mid-calf ones for the Reading Air Show next month :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnmichael