Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

WWII Office Supply Question

Gray Ghost

A-List Customer
I have a question for all of you very knowledgeable people out there. My APS group here in NC will be doing an Operations impression to assist with the other APS wings and need to know where I can find period looking folders, paper, and forms to put in our portable desk? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Also how would be the best way to set up an Operations Tent. What all would I need?

Your Most Humble Servant,

=GG=

cco23i

A-List Customer
I know the best thing is using MANY paperwork sites. The form 1 and 1A's and other aircraft forms , which ALL aircraft should have are on the yahoo group REPROPAPERWORK ( I am capitalizing these to show the names, they are NOT capitalized on the site). Then there is REPROPAPERWORK2, and wwiifreepaperwork and of course doc hhoies site. You will need the standard Army forms PLUS aircraft forms. I know the manila envelopes and folders have not changed and Capt. Bill has a large format printer and prints our personal files (we are working on setting up 201 files like the real ones soon) and has War department seal and all printed on file folders as many originals have.

Scott

MPicciotto

Practically Family
Also check out www.hardscrabblefarm.com for a bunch of goodies. The site owner is part of the Georgia/South Carolina Wing.

This past weekend at Geneseo, NY we worked the tail off of Operations. Portraying an Observation Squadron we had people studying recon photos with the stereoscopic viewer, then send air crew on missions to take a a closer look at things. Returning from the mission we had a debriefing. All the while anytime anybody wanted to leave camp to go to the flea market or go to the flight line for any reason they had to get approval for a leave from the senior officer on duty and then turn to the Sgt on duty to fill out a leave pass and mark his status on our status board. Leaves were restricted to 40 minutes and the Estimated Time to Return (ETR) was noted. Besides adding realism and activity for the public as DO it made it easy for me to know where anybody was. We had a couple come through looking for one of our members, that works with them in their day jobs. At a glance I could tell them that he should be back in ten minutes. 9 minutes later, here comes Pvt English!

Matt

cco23i

A-List Customer
OUTSTANDING Matt! I'm glad we are not the ONLY ones doing stuff like that! It DEFINITLY adds to the display haveing to go to the CO and get a pass.

Scott

Sgt Brown

One of the Regulars
I have a question for all of you very knowledgeable people out there. My APS group here in NC will be doing an Operations impression to assist with the other APS wings and need to know where I can find period looking folders, paper, and forms to put in our portable desk? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Also how would be the best way to set up an Operations Tent. What all would I need?

Your Most Humble Servant,

=GG=

For paperwork, I think your question has been well answered above. As for other items that might be found in a field desk; paper clips, hole punches, staplers, pens and pencils, etc., etc., etc., the answer is simple. That's why the Lord created flea markets and junk stores! I learned long ago to keep my eyes open for more than just military items. If it looks to be 30's - 40's, check it out and think if you can use it. I mean, who wants an old box of paper hole reinforcers? I do, thank you! $0.10? That will do. Right into the field desk.

Tom

Gray Ghost

A-List Customer
Thanks everybody. Yall have been a great help. I feel that I am headed in the right direction now. Matt, thanks for the idea of the men coming to Operations to get a pass to leave the area. That would help alot in keeping up with where people are especially for safety reasons. I plan to to a personel board, ground operations board, and air operations board for the Ops Tent. We are in process of recruting at this time and am looking forward to getting back into the field again.

=GG=

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy