Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

WWII Victory Parade In Hawaii

Bluebird Marsha

A-List Customer
I hadn't seen it, and I really appreciate the link. Somehow color makes things look more "modern" if you will. I kept thinking how the guys look like my friends in the military. I kept having one thought though. You guys have made it through the war. If you fall off the hood of the car while celebrating, that's a heck of a way to get killed! "Yes honey, your granddaddy was killed at the end of WWII. No, not shot- he fell off the car while celebrating and got run over by a jeep."

fl&wvmike

Familiar Face
BLUEBIRD MARSHA ................................
Yes, we saw so many B/W films of WWII, we seem to think that the war was fought in B/W.
Who ever added the sound effects to this home movie, did a fantastic job. It is so good, that it just seems like natural background noise, and you hardly hear it at all.
FL&WVMIKE

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
One thing we must remember, these men were beyond thrilled that they were not going to have to invade Japan. Never mind what the estimates of casualties are today in hind sight, those men only heard one estimate, ONE MILLION!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24