Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

xmas past and its a wonderful life revisted .

59Lark

Practically Family
Last year when I watched its a wonderful life on tv, I felt like george trapped in a cage with no way out. I dont necessarly mean relationships or marriage but struggling to keep someone alive, when you own a business for thirty years it becomes you and you it. When its all you can do to keep it going and you are running at a loss and losing it sucks. I cant tell you how many times I felt like george, the line but they will vote with potter , if you dont stay. My children are leary of taking over the business but one is already a darn good seamstress at 17 is running a sideline already due to her talent. IN business you always have this feeling if i could one thing different it could make a huge sucess its finding that one thing. With worse econmic times potential you would think that i would run and hide but i guess that i am too thick or slow to due either. My hope is that before i am too old or too broke that we find that trick to turn around and make some money with any crime or larceny involved. 59Lark:cool:

Tango Yankee

Call Me a Cab
Best of luck to you, 59Lark. I can't relate to having a business and trying to keep it going, but the other day I told my wife that I felt like I no longer have any control over my own life. One step at a time, and as Billy Joel once sang, "I found that just surviving was a noble fight."

Merry Christmas,

Tom

59Lark

Practically Family
yes am postive for the new year really 59Lark

believe it or not , i do feel that this is the year that we find the angle or the fork.

Mobile Vulgus

One Too Many
I just entered that world not long ago, Lark. I have probably about 6 months to a year to sink or swim. finger crossed for us both.

One Too Many
I just entered that world not long ago, Lark. I have probably about 6 months to a year to sink or swim. finger crossed for us both.
Hi Mr. M.V., I want to tell you wich your new avatar is really nice, reminds me when I was a child and saw comics in TV, the other avatar you seem the bad in the movie, this seems the good, best wishes to whole life. Swimcerely

Foofoogal

Banned
One of the precious things about life to me is the tenacity and strength I find in the human spirit. It truly awes me what people endure and how all have different crosses to bear.
I cry every single time I watch It's a Wonderful life for this very reason. 59Lark and all. May 2011 be a bang up year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR