Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

YAY it is here!

Tampahound

One of the Regulars
I know you've all felt that great feeling as you pull into your driveway and see a box waiting for you on your porch! :D

My first Akubra FedIV
IMG_0894.jpg
IMG_0895.jpg

While I had some of Dad's old fedoras to play with as a kid, I consider this my first REAL bash job...honest opinions please!

Added a top pic billyspew =) Not totally symmetrical...but neither am I! =D

jpbales

Practically Family
billyspew said:
Looks good, I like the long side dents (maybe make them slightly deeper?)
Have you got a shot of the top of the crown?

deeper? it looks like they already take up the whole front half of the hat to me [huh] I think it looks great!

jazzncocktails

A-List Customer
Tampahound said:
I know you've all felt that great feeling as you pull into your driveway and see a box waiting for you on your porch! :D

My first Akubra FedIV
IMG_0894.jpg
IMG_0895.jpg

While I had some of Dad's old fedoras to play with as a kid, I consider this my first REAL bash job...honest opinions please!

Added a top pic billyspew =) Not totally symmetrical...but neither am I! =D
Nicely done, Tampahound! Is that the Tawny Fawn standard or the Heritage Fawn deluxe? Either way, it looks great. I may have to deepen my pinch, looking at these...and nice job on the bash...I couldn't get a teardrop or diamond to my liking so reverted to the center crease. You've done well with this.

trailrunner

Familiar Face
Very nice TH. It is very easy to get addicted to that feeling about which you're talking. I'm itching to buy another hat myself.

Johnny - The Feds have a snap brim that you can wear curled up or down. Which way I snap mine in the back changes day to day depending on what I'm wearing and just how I feel about it that day, although I wear it snapped down more often - my wife likes it snapped down.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24