Yoke or no yoke

Discussion in 'Outerwear' started by Frizzleburger, Sep 15, 2019.

1. dan_t

dan_t Practically Family

The Yoke maketh the jacket....
    Aero Modified Sunburst (19 of 29)-2.jpg Sheene (5 of 11).jpg Aero Sheene (4 of 13).jpg IMG_2361-2.jpg

2. Frizzleburger

Frizzleburger New in Town

dan_t likes this.
  3. Fanch

Fanch I'll Lock Up

Aero designed their Board Racer, I think, as a racing shirt. Part of the description states "The back has a double kidney panel and is cut to fit close to the torso, to achieve this we've had to use a centre back seam, quadruple stitched for extra strength, which follows the contours of the wearers backbone. We are aware that a centre back seam isn't to everyone's liking so we are offering the option of a one piece upper back but one should be aware that this will compromise the close fit of the jacket."

Obviously if no center seam is used it seems a back yoke would be preferable to break up the one-piece back look that would be more aesthetically pleasing than no back yoke at all. I have always been intrigued with the concept of Aero's Board Racer as an alternative to their Cafe Racer. Anyhow the complete description of Aero's BR is here:
    http://www.aeroleatherclothing.com/product-detail.php?id=2213

Edward and Guppy like this.
  4. AbbaDatDeHat

AbbaDatDeHat I'll Lock Up

Art!! Pure Art!!
    A dream jacket!
    B

Monitor likes this.
  5. AbbaDatDeHat

AbbaDatDeHat I'll Lock Up

Who has this jacket now??
    Love to see it again.
    B

6. Lit Up

Lit Up One of the Regulars

I personally prefer no yoke, although if I'm going for a two-tone jacket, then yoke it is (in a contrasting colour).

7. Seb Lucas

Seb Lucas I'll Lock Up

8. dan_t

dan_t Practically Family

It’s actually a heavily modified Aero Sunburst.
    Probably my most comfortable jacket to be honest.
    Original post about it here;
    https://www.thefedoralounge.com/threads/aero-modified-sunburst.82086/

Thuggee likes this.
  9. Guppy

Guppy Call Me a Cab

Maybe me? I think Ton had more than one black Aero CR; I bought (I think) his first one, which was too tight on him. I can't recall offhand whether it has a yoke or not, but if it does, then the one pictured above could be mine. I meant to check on this last night, but had too much going on to get to it. So many jackets, so little time...

Carlos840 and AbbaDatDeHat like this.
  10. ton312

ton312 I'll Lock Up

The one I sold you isn't the one pictured...yours doesn't have a back yoke. This one went to a member here in Colorado. I also sold one to an ebay member : oldtoyshanger.

Guppy and AbbaDatDeHat like this.