Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

You Big Softy! - Your Favourite Soft Drinks

J. M. Stovall

Call Me a Cab
KittyT said:
Also, check out this report done recently on NPR:

Pepsi, Mountain Dew Launch Retro Drinks

All Things Considered, May 5, 2009 · Pepsi and Mountain Dew have both launched Throwback, two retro variations of the popular drinks that use sugar instead of high fructose corn syrup. Steve Tanner, of BevReview.com, a Web site that provides reviews of soft drinks, talks about what this means for the beverage industry and consumers.

Crud! How did this slip past me! I have to go find some MD today!

cecil

A-List Customer
Passiona is great! I called it "the fizzy drink for mums" the other day when a friend and I both said that it was out mothers' favourite. It's DELICIOUS.

check it out, 50s passiona shop display:

243001PD.jpg

Forgotten Man

One Too Many
Sidral Mundet!

mundet2_2.jpg

SidralMundet.jpg

The green apple is one of my favorites... a Mexico tradition since the 1920s. It is often no more then .75¢ a bottle at the Ranch Market down the street! Funny, I found Amazon.com has it for sale... and they're asking over $2.00 a bottle!!! lol

Fletch

I'll Lock Up
I mostly don't drink sugar, but since Canada Dry Bitter Lemon isn't made any other way, I sometimes have that (the gin or vodka counteract much of the glucose) - or create my own with diet tonic plus lemon juice.

Also enjoy Jones Sugar Free Black Cherry (not Boylan's, which tastes like envelope glue), diet ginger ales such as Vernors (a Detroit favorite - actually a ginger beer), and my grad student gasoline of choice, Coke Zero, which I've even been known to drink room temperature.

Ethan Bentley

One Too Many
John in Covina said:
Root beer, Birch Beer and saspirilla have a flavor that is similar to some of the original toothpastes. I guess you gotta like toothpaste.

Interesting that you say that her first comment was "it's like going to the Dentist" but after that she said it was pleasant. I wish my dentist gave me root beer.

Fletch said:
I mostly don't drink sugar, but since Canada Dry Bitter Lemon isn't made any other way, I sometimes have that (the gin or vodka counteract much of the glucose) - or create my own with diet tonic plus lemon juice.

Fletch, where do you get Bitter Lemon? I can't find it anywhere on the Left Coast, and haven't even in Florida where I first encountered the stuff. (I still have ten-year-old glass bottles on the shelf I'm rationing...:eek: )

Ethan Bentley

One Too Many
Diamondback said:
Fletch, where do you get Bitter Lemon? I can't find it anywhere on the Left Coast, and haven't even in Florida where I first encountered the stuff. (I still have ten-year-old glass bottles on the shelf I'm rationing...:eek: )

Diamondback, I've just come back from Florida and got Canada Dry Bitter lemon in an ABC Liquor Store and in Walmart. I was in Orange county.

Bitter Lemon is considered a mixer not a soda pop so it is often found in a Liquor department or liquor store with other mixers. Here in California Beer wine and liquor is available in Supermarkets. If I can't find Ginger Ale with the sodas I usually can find it with the mixers by the liquor area.

djhatman

One of the Regulars
I do not drink much pop but when I do I love Mt. Dew with a shoot or two of vanilla flavor. Call me crazy

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
usleathermart