Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

You know this worlds gone crazy when Herman Munster's identity stolen

Hondo

One Too Many
I just don't know any more about this world gone CrAzy!!! :eusa_doh:

Not fiction? Herman Munster's identity stolen
Thieves apparently didn't realize he is a fictional 1960s TV character

WASHINGTON - Did Internet thieves steal Herman Munster's MasterCard number? Crooks in an underground chat room for selling stolen credit card numbers and personal consumer information offered pilfered data purportedly about Herman Munster, the 1960s Frankenstein-like character from "The Munsters" TV sitcom.

The thieves apparently didn't realize Munster was a fictional TV character and dutifully offered to sell Munster's personal details — accurately listing his home address from the television series as 1313 Mocking Bird Lane — and what appeared to be his MasterCard number. Munster's birth date was listed as Aug. 15, 1964, suspiciously close to the TV series' original air date in September 1964.

CardCops Inc., the Malibu, Calif., Internet security company that quietly recorded details of the illicit but wayward transaction, surmised that a Munsters fan knowledgeable about the show deliberately provided the bogus data.
"The identity thief thought it was good data," said Dan Clements, the company's president.

Clements said evidence indicates the thief, known online as "Supra," was operating overseas. "They really stumble over our culture. He's probably not watching any reruns of 'The Munsters' on TV Land."

Herman Munster was portrayed by Fred Gwynne, who died in July 1993.

"Phishing" thieves often trick consumers into revealing financial secrets by sending e-mail requests that appear to originate from banks. A consumer's financial details can be worth $4 and $40 among online thieves, who can use the information to open fraudulent credit accounts.

CardCops eavesdrops on conversations among thieves in underground Internet chat rooms to monitor for stolen credit card numbers being sold or traded. It offers monitoring services to alert consumers whose information is compromised by hackers.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/19334522/

Dagwood

Practically Family
Reminds me of a lawsuit where a man legally changed his name to "resident" and then tried to sue the US Post Office for intentionally delivering all of his mail marked "resident" to other people. He lost.

Maj.Nick Danger

I'll Lock Up
Dagwood said:
Reminds me of a lawsuit where a man legally changed his name to "resident" and then tried to sue the US Post Office for intentionally delivering all of his mail marked "resident" to other people. He lost.
Sometimes life is just so unfair,...:rolleyes:

K.D. Lightner

Call Me a Cab
Munster

Actually, I just checked the Social Security Death Index and there are 327 people on the site with the last name of "Munster," including two Hermans. One died in 1966, the other in 1978.

karol

Dagwood

Practically Family
BegintheBeguine said:
Herman Munster would have had a MASTERCHARGE or a BANKAMERICARD anyway. Maybe even a Diner's Club and Barclay's.

I thought he would have paid for everything in gold bullions.

BeBopBaby

One Too Many
Nah, Grandpa would just hatch one of his hair-brained schemes to get the money, usually involving his magic gone wrong. You know, he'd try to conjure up some gold and turn Eddie into something like a bat instead. lol

Twitch

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Freakin unbelievable! It's like bizzarro-world. Boris and Natasha are sitting in the cellar of a delapadated building in eastern Europe going, " This Herman Munster. Sounds like German. Ve vill sell his identity online and make big drachmas!":eusa_doh: :rolleyes:

K.D. Lightner

Call Me a Cab
Social Security Death Index reports not only two Herman Munsters, but one Lillian (I assume that was Lily's real name), one Edward, but no Marilyn Munsters.

Does anyone know if Gramps had a name?

karol

Hondo

One Too Many
Count Sam Dracula? I don't think so :p

I did a search and came up with this on Grandpa.

A spry 378-year-old, Count Vladimir Dracula known to us as Grandpa Munster is a native Transylvanian. Grandpa is both a vampire and a scientist, with an insatiable thirst for blood and knowledge. He tries hard to tolerate daughter Lily's bumbling husband Herman. A TV Land aficionado himself, Grandpa's favorite show is My Three Sons. He also wields a handmade transistor divining rod that is capable of picking up reruns of My Little Margie. Grandpa greatly enjoys the company of his pet bat Igor, his "mouse with wings" who's a veteran of the Transylvanian Air Force.

BeBopBaby said:
His full name was Sam Dracula.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran