You know you are getting old when:

Discussion in 'The Observation Bar' started by GHT, Apr 18, 2014.

1. NoraGlover

NoraGlover New in Town

My dad says "You're getting old when you mow a lot and yell on TV". That's why he doesn't have a lawnmower and a TV.

belfastboy, Turnip, Zombie_61 and 2 others like this.
  2. MikeBravo

MikeBravo One Too Many

Apparently when the Beatles toured the US in 1964 all the girls went ga-ga for Ringo.

Turnip and Zombie_61 like this.
  3. Edward

Edward Bartender

Power, money and fame - all aphrodisiacs of the highest order!

Turnip, Zombie_61 and Trenchfriend like this.
  4. Zombie_61

Zombie_61 I'll Lock Up

During the 20-21 years that we've employed him and his crew our gardener's hair has turned mostly gray. Maybe mowing makes you old? :p

Edward likes this.
  5. Edward

Edward Bartender

Herself stopped letting me watch certain politics-realted shows on television as they only wind me up and I keep yelling at them. Thing is..... I've realised I like being wound up and yelling at the TV. I'm slowly turning into Abe Simpson....

Zombie_61 likes this.
  6. Turnip

Turnip One Too Many

As long as you don’t suffer from German Alzheimer, forgetting everything but grumpy attitude, there’s nothing wrong becoming an old sack, like me...:)

7. tonyb

tonyb I'll Lock Up

Or at least thinking about making every trip up and down the basement steps count for something.

8. GHT

GHT I'll Lock Up

You know that you are definitely in the second half of life if you refuse to go anywhere where you can't sit down.

Zombie_61 likes this.
  9. tonyb

tonyb I'll Lock Up

… thoughts of taking up skiing again (living as I do an easy drive from world class slopes) are quickly and easily dismissed.

Zombie_61 likes this.
  10. belfastboy

belfastboy I'll Lock Up

Yep, Onassis and Kissinger never had problems attracting the babes.

Edward and Zombie_61 like this.
  11. GHT

GHT I'll Lock Up

Nothing makes me feel as old as having to scroll down to find my year of birth.

Edward, Zombie_61 and Trenchfriend like this.
  12. Zombie_61

Zombie_61 I'll Lock Up

It's worse if you scroll down to find the list ends before it gets to your year of birth. :mad:

13. Hercule

Hercule Practically Family

You know you're getting old when you miss it when your barber doesn't trim your eyebrows.

14. Zombie_61

Zombie_61 I'll Lock Up

Barber...hmm...barber...barber...barber? Oh, right, that was a person who would cut your hair for a fee back in the olden days before the Coronavirus revealed just how stupid our elected leaders are.

As for the eyebrows I trim my own when I trim my beard, usually once a week or so. Not gutsy enough to attempt to cut my own hair though. Not yet, anyway; maybe after so much of it falls out that I can cut my hair and trim my beard/brows at the same time. :D

15. scottyrocks

scottyrocks I'll Lock Up

I think that whole story was just an excuse to post that picture.

16. Zombie_61

Zombie_61 I'll Lock Up

Not that there's anything wrong with that... :)

scottyrocks likes this.
  17. Edward

Edward Bartender

I haven't visited a barber since I fiest went to a number 1 all over in 2004; since 2006, I've been strictly a razor man. One day, I'll treat myself to a staight razor shave in a Barber's - "all off bar the eyebrows, my good man!"

Zombie_61 likes this.
  18. KILO NOVEMBER

KILO NOVEMBER Practically Family

Another gift from my mailbox. Today I got a 5 x 9 inch post card advertising a great "lifestyle" in a "continuing care community" a few hours drive from here. The "babes" pictured in the photograph must have been close to 20 years older than me.
    The "makes me feel old" part was that it wasn't addressed to "Postal Customer", or "Resident". It was addressed to me.

Zombie_61, Tiki Tom and tonyb like this.
  19. tonyb

tonyb I'll Lock Up

^^^^^
    It seems that every few weeks I get a solicitation from one undertaker or another. The ones offering cremation only do a lot of direct mail advertising.

Tiki Tom likes this.
  20. Tiki Tom

Tiki Tom One Too Many

Oddly enough, I've seen several articles lately talking about how, as the 1960s and 1970s hipsters enter their 60s and 70s, Senior Living Centers have become hotbeds (pun intended) of loose morals and STDs. On the one hand, it is a little scary to think about. On the other hand, we just want everyone to be happy.

tonyb and Zombie_61 like this.