Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

You know you are getting old when:

GHT

I'll Lock Up
What I remember most is that Groucho died three days later, and got hardly any coverage at all because all they could talk about was ELVIS ELVIS ELVIS. Once again, postwar culture overwhelms the culture it replaced.

Do you know, all this time and I had never realised that Elvis Costello had popped his mortal coil!

GHT

I'll Lock Up
Must have a very dry sense of humor. What makes you think so?
Sorry vintage 68, Brit humour relies on, a lot that is left out. Of course Elvis Costello is still very much with us, the insinuation that he is no more, relies on me not realising that the subject is, of course, Elvis Presley.
Since the name Elvis is synonymous with Elvis Presley, there is no need to add the surname. My post was meant to pretend that I have never heard of Elvis Presley.
It's difficult to explain, especially as someone, like me, who can come across clumsy with the written word. For a clear explanation you need one of the Brit members who is a past master at being a good wordsmith.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou