Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

You know you are getting old when:

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.
I'll have to PM you for some easy and not too expensive items to consume to help you have a much healthier heart...some things Daniel has to take every day....and NO you will not have to expect to buy and blue pills....lol!

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.
You have the distinction of being the youngest person in the waiting room to have cataract surgery. Then for skin cancer. Then it suddenly dawns on you that you may be the youngest among them, but you have now arrived at "a certain age"..

That is sure how it is a lot of times...oh by the way....there are eye drops a person can use that over time dissolve cataracts and they will not cost you all that much to purchase....they are safe and actually over time can help your eyes be much healthier. Cataracts are the result of your body lacking vitamins and a substance that keeps your eye lense clean (I cannot recall all the names of everything but I know the eye drops work, they worked on my Mother who is now 92 and at age 88 she had bad Cataracts and we used the eye drops for about 4 months and no more Cataracts...

...and NO you will not have to expect to buy any blue pills....lol!
MatrixBluePillRedPill_zpsbabebb5b.jpg

GHT

I'll Lock Up
The other day I was in the store grabbing a few things, and a couple of (grown) employees were stocking DVDs on the shelf. I overheard the lady ask the man "Who is this John Wayne guy?"
You will probably find that a lot of loungers can turn that on it's head.

Back in the early 1990's, before personal phones were cheap enough to issue to certain members of staff, we used pagers. The pager would bleep and you would then have to call the office, transfering the charge, (call collect.)

On this particular day I had been trying to get hold of our salesman, a staff member signalled me to take a call. It was the operator: "Would I take a call from a Mr. Gary Barlow?" He's calling you from Holborn. (A district in London.)

Who the **** is Gary Barlow? No idea. "Have we got a driver from the staff agency, name of Gary Barlow?" I bellowed to all the office. Adding: "Doing the Holborn round."

Silly grins all round, "What have I said that's so funny?" Then I heard a frantic voice over the operator's "It's me, it's me."
"You Simon?" "Yes of course operator, I will accept the charges."

"Simon, what's all this Gary Barlow (profanity)?" "Never mind," he sighed, "you wouldn't know if I explained. And we got on with business.

Since then, I have had Gary Barlow, Robbie Williams & Take That explained to me a dozen times. Simon was right, I'm none the wiser.

Redshoes51

One of the Regulars
I realized that I was getting old when the cute girls in my classes are MUCH younger than my children...

I knew I was getting old when I have students in my classes now that are children of former students...

I knew I was getting old when a much younger guy shared with a group of us at work that he had ED...

I know that I am getting old when I realize that I could easily die before I retire...

~shoes~

GHT

I'll Lock Up
Redshoes, your observations are so true. It's often said that as you get older you morph into your mother or father.
How many loungers, of a certain age, remember their mother's lessons in life? Better still, who has repeated them?

My mother taught me TO APPRECIATE A JOB WELL DONE.
"If you're going to kill each other, do it outside. I just finished cleaning."

2. My mother taught me RELIGION.
"You better pray that will come out of the carpet."

3. My mother taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!"

4. My mother taught me LOGIC.
"Because I said so, that's why."

5. My mother taught me MORE LOGIC.
'If you fall out of that swing and break your neck, you're not going to the store with me."

6. My mother taught me FORESIGHT.
"Make sure you wear clean underwear, in case you're in an accident."

7. My mother taught me IRONY.
"Keep crying, and I'll give you something to cry about."

8. My mother taught me about the science of OSMOSIS.
"Shut your mouth and eat your supper."

9. My mother taught me about CONTORTIONISM.
"Will you look at that dirt on the back of your neck!"

10. My mother taught me about STAMINA.
"You'll sit there until all that spinach is gone."

11. My mother taught me about WEATHER.
"This room of yours looks as if a tornado went through it."

12. My mother taught me about HYPOCRISY.
"If I told you once, I've told you a million times. Don't exaggerate!"

13. My mother taught me the CIRCLE OF LIFE.
"I brought you into this world, and I can take you out."

14. My mother taught me about BEHAVIOUR MODIFICATION.
"Stop acting like your father!"

15. My mother taught me about ENVY.
"There are millions of less fortunate children in this world who don't have wonderful parents like you do."

16. My mother ! taught me about ANTICIPATION.
"Just wait until we get home."

17. My mother taught me about RECEIVING.
"You are going to get it when you get home!"

18. My mother taught me MEDICAL SCIENCE.
"If you don't stop crossing your eyes, They are going to freeze that way."

19. My mother taught me ESP.
"Put your sweater on; don't you think I know when you are cold?"

20. My mother taught me HUMOUR.
"When that lawn mower cuts off your toes, don't come running to me."

21. My mother taught me HOW TO BECOME AN ADULT.
"If you don't eat your vegetables, you'll never grow up."

22. My mother taught me GENETICS.
"You're just like your father."

23. My mother taught me about my ROOTS.
"Shut that door behind you. Do you think you were born in a barn?"

24. My mother taught me WISDOM.
"When you get to be my age, you'll understand."

25. My mother taught me about JUSTICE.
"One day you'll have kids, and I hope they turn out just like you!"

Dan Allen

A-List Customer
before I retired from a school district I felt pretty good about myself till I realized that the high schools I was in didn't have a single student that was born when I first hired on......then the doubts began.

Cfbaker12

New in Town
Yes, my 15 year old asked yesterday for me to listen to the phone. I listened and said, "What? It's a busy signal." He said, "I was wondering if that was." It didn't hit me until then about the youth not knowing the sound of a busy signal on the phone and it seemed odd to me.

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
Yes, my 15 year old asked yesterday for me to listen to the phone. I listened and said, "What? It's a busy signal." He said, "I was wondering if that was." It didn't hit me until then about the youth not knowing the sound of a busy signal on the phone and it seemed odd to me.
Have him call a radio station when they ask for the 100th caller.
He'll hear that sound a lot then. :D

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.
You know you are getting old when the main topic in your phone conversation is your "bowel movements issues".....lol (even worse when the person you are talking to says...."yes, me too") LOL!

Dan Allen

A-List Customer
For our next fishing expedition to Colorado we are talking about a canvas wall tent with stove. My buddy suggested that if we had an old geezer with us then when he got up to go in the night he could throw a stick of wood in the stove and we would all stay "toasty" all night. We all laughed, than the wife informed we that I was the old geezer.

2jakes

I'll Lock Up
242ebub.png

Went to school wearing Levi jeans with...

20goc42.png

and downtown was the only place where you could watch...

2mmiq2c.png

6f9ssy.png

You recited the Pledge of Allegiance & a morning
prayer before start of the class. ;)

Last edited:
And scratching them up with the rivets on your Levis. I vaguely remember hearing that is why Levis quit putting them on, although in all reality it probably was just to make them for cheaper.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic