Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

You know you are getting old when:

GHT

I'll Lock Up
I would second those two examples of sensible advice. (Zombie & Tom.) In a few months time Tina & I will celebrate our fifty-fourth year of marriage. We have had a shared life of high's & low's and of victories and defeats. We have had some serious cross words, but we said right at the beginning an "I'm not talking to you," resolves nothing. By the time we are ready for bed we are friends again, I really don't mind if I'm expected to apologise, even though I might feel that it wasn't my fault, besides, I am genuinely sorry that we fell out. So all's forgiven when we go to bed.

Tiki Tom

My Mail is Forwarded Here
^^^ Excellent proverb from Harp!

Holy smokes. Yesterday evening I watched the special CNN concert of Carole King and James Taylor. He is 72, she is 79. I hope I look as good and am so together when I’m that age. She was especially inspiring; dancing around like a kid in 4 inch spike heals at very nearly 80. Well done!

Trite but true observation …

People want different things at different points in their lives. And biology has much to do with that. (Do we really have to be told why younger, more reproductively viable people fall “in love” so much more readily than we desiccated oldsters do?)

I married at age 44. It’s not that I wouldn’t have married earlier, but the women I might have married didn’t wish that with me, and vice-versa. In retrospect I have few regrets, for either the heartache I suffered or the hurt I dished out. I had lessons to learn, and I’m fairly confident that had I married earlier it wouldn’t have lasted. My education, hard as it was at times, proved less costly in the long run.

Our marriage is now early in its third decade, so in comparison to many here we are but newlyweds. The lovely missus and I harbor few illusions about each other. Our relationship is grounded in reality and shared values. And genuine affection. We actually like each other, and like being in each other’s company. Good for us.

My surviving brother in now on his fourth marriage. The first two ended in divorce, and the third in the death of his wife, a woman a decade his senior. He remarried months into his widowhood. I like the chances of this one lasting, provided neither party croaks anytime soon. Both he and his new bride are at the point of wanting little more than agreeable companionship. I wish them success.

No offense to the Late Bob, but count your blessings. My kids were fans of his show "Full House". I've hated that show for decades.
I can't say I had ever heard of him before that show, and his character was supposed to be such a nice guy that I was very surprised the first time I saw him do stand-up and learned how filthy his humor was. Very different from the TV show.

Fifty150

One Too Many
What is weird is that fans of The Full House show are flocking to 1709 Broderick Street in San Francisco. That house was only used for an exterior shot. The show was not shot on location in San Francisco. The inside of that home is nothing like the set of the show. Yet, fans are leaving flowers and candles burning on the front steps. They are double parking and obstructing traffic, parking in neighbors driveways, and peeing in the bushes.

Same weird way that fans of Seinfeld flock to Tom's Restaurant @ 2880 Broadway in NYC.

What is weird is that fans of The Full House show are flocking to 1709 Broderick Street in San Francisco. That house was only used for an exterior shot. The show was not shot on location in San Francisco. The inside of that home is nothing like the set of the show. Yet, fans are leaving flowers and candles burning on the front steps. They are double parking and obstructing traffic, parking in neighbors driveways, and peeing in the bushes.
It's a physical location that they associate with Mr. Saget, a place to gather and commiserate. Besides, even people I've known who lived in Hollywood didn't understand how the business of making movies and television shows works; none of them seemed to notice that the studio set for the living room was far wider than the Italianate style house that allegedly contained it, for example. So, yeah, they're usually not going to stop to think that maybe John Stamos et al didn't actually live there.

GHT

I'll Lock Up
old1.jpg old.jpg

Harp

I'll Lock Up
I envy your having lived in Greece. I’ve visited several times but never lived there. ... That life sadly ended in an explosion caused by drinking ouzo near an open flame! :)

The November terror group hit a restaurant in Athens, which our gang just missed.
Not a very pretty sight with casualties strewn like dolls and non recognizable human remains,
pieces scattered. An earlier dawn coup d'etat laid down by Hellenic F-4s gifted a concussion.
A soldier's life....:confused:

JESUS!!
I never thought, that I would ever see the old-fashioned 80s/90s shower gel bottles again!!

No other brand seem to use them, today.

Attachments

• IMGP8338.JPG
    IMGP8338.JPG
    177.2 KB · Views: 38

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21