Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

You know you are getting old when:

...Have you ever thought of going into showbiz? You would be perfect to play one of these guys. I'll join you as the other.
Statler & Waldorf.
Ahhh, Statler and Waldorf. You wouldn't be the first person to make that comparison, especially when my buddy and I get going. ;)

Ah, the memory is always the SECOND thing to go. :p
And I keep forgetting what the first thing was.

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
I was talking about memory lapses with my doc the other day and he said,"Don't worry about forgetting where you put your keys, that's pretty much normal. You can start worrying when you can't remember what keys are used for." That was somewhat reassuring.

LizzieMaine

Bartender
I was talking about memory lapses with my doc the other day and he said,"Don't worry about forgetting where you put your keys, that's pretty much normal. You can start worrying when you can't remember what keys are used for." That was somewhat reassuring.

I don't bother about trying to remember to make out a grocery list anymore. I just wander aimlessly around the aisles and hope I'll remember what I need when I see it.

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
But that's EXACTLY what the Boys in Marketing want you to do. :p
Especially if you haven't eaten yet. ;)

Add to the key issue Tomasso....remembering where you parked at work, if you don't have an assigned space.
For me, the car I drive to work is also used at work.
Often, I can drive several different ones, and leave mine parked all day.
So at least twice a week, when I'm ready to leave work, I forget where I parked my vehicle. :D
I also have the only vehicle of it's kind (and shape) on the lot, which makes it easy to find.
Again, if I remember where I parked it. :eusa_doh:

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
I don't bother about trying to remember to make out a grocery list anymore. I just wander aimlessly around the aisles and hope I'll remember what I need when I see it.

And, when you get home, you remember what you went to the store to buy in the first place!

Stormy

A-List Customer
I knew I was getting old when everyone around me jumped off the seawall, onto the sand, and ran merrily into the wavy water. I jumped off the seawall and strangers had to call an ambulance to come get me. This really happened during spring break.

GHT

I'll Lock Up
Ah, the memory is always the SECOND thing to go. :p
And the things that you miss when it's gone. I was in the bathroom having a shave, getting ready for a vintage WW2 event that we were off to.
The door barges open, in she walks in her underwear, complete with vintage stockings. She turns around, treats me to a provocative pose:
"Are my seems straight?" She says, looking over her shoulder at me, with a cheeky grin on her face.
"Certainly are!" I replied, adding, "and that's not all that's straight."
"You've had that!" She indignantly replied with a huffy sort of snort and flounced out of the bathroom.
"Well I don't remember," I thought, as I went back to finishing my shave.

Dan Allen

A-List Customer
The wife and I do a lot of Kayaking since retirement. Though we kayak only in the warmer months of the year the racks NEVER come off of the car or we will surly never find it in a parking lot. I tried it once and spent as much time looking for the car as shopping. The older I get it seems the more cars look alike.

ChiTownScion

Call Me a Cab
I knew that I was getting old at 23, a year after college graduation. Went back to visit friends for a weekend at the old alma mater, and we were discussing the JFK assassination and where we were when we first heard about the news that I still believe was a watermark of my youth. A young lady still in high school (visiting for the weekend also) commented that she had read about John F. Kennedy in history class. That did it for me: I was then officially, "an old guy."

skydog757

A-List Customer
Last year I visited Kent State University. When I spoke to my co-workers about the events that had happened there, they were completely blank; they'd never heard of it. That was a defining event in my youth and it isn't even a footnote in our history any more

Last year I visited Kent State University. When I spoke to my co-workers about the events that had happened there, they were completely blank; they'd never heard of it. That was a defining event in my youth and it isn't even a footnote in our history any more

To merge your comment and ChiTown's one about JFK...a while back, I was playing baseball with a group of youngsters...18, 19 years old, just out of high school, and aside from being reminded that 18 year olds NEVER shut up, I felt old when they were kidding me asking me if I remembered JFK getting shot. After a few jokes like "JFK?...hell, I remember when Lincoln was shot" I said "no, I don't remember JFK, I only remember Reagan getting shot." They looked completely perplexed and one said "what do you mean....when was Reagan shot?" But it also dawned on me...for them, JFK (or perhaps even Ronald Reagan) was as far away to them as Abraham Lincoln was for me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OldBoot