Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

You know you are getting old when:

2jakes

I'll Lock Up
The same abovementioned housemate definitely wouldn't like old black and white movies. "It's nothing but talking," he would say. Action adventure movies are more his speed.

"Nothing but talking "....:blabla:

You reminded me of the times when the grownups would sit outside when houses were built with a porch
with rocking chairs or swings & have a conversation.

And most of my all-time favorite films are in black & white !

Last edited:

vitanola

I'll Lock Up
The same abovementioned housemate definitely wouldn't like old black and white movies. "It's nothing but talking," he would say. Action adventure movies are more his speed.

Then show him "Wings" or "The Big Parade", "Sunrise" or "Lonesome". None of them are particularly "talky" save for "Lonesome". Some prints of that one still include the "goat glands". Of course, Miss Maine's suggestion trumps all.

Last edited:

2jakes

I'll Lock Up
You know you're getting up there in age if you recognize some of these fellas... :p

~[video=youtube;ITrlaxEdpFQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ITrlaxEdpFQ[/video]

Last edited:

2jakes

I'll Lock Up
He made one of the first Country videos. :D
http://youtu.be/TvlUrNRRE4E

Jim Reeves ! Nice melody...a favorite of mine :eusa_clap

But for some reason, not for this fellow...[huh]
66dtz4.png

Mid-fogey

Practically Family
...when you're in a staff meeting and a major asks why you callsign is "Thurston". You say "you know, Gilligan's Island" -- and he says what? Then you discover that only the retired consultants and the colonel know what Gilligan's Island is.

So there's a coffee stand in the lobby of the building in which I work. I regularly stop by and grab a cup of coffee and a muffin or bagel or kolache or what have you. So this morning, I'm getting my coffee, and the young girl behind the counter is humming the tune Tom's Diner, a song from the 80's. It's one of those catchy tunes, the kind that gets stuck in your head all day, and it's also cool song because it mentions the death of William Holden and it's the inspiration for Monk's Cafe on Seinfeld...I digress. I start to instictually hum along. So the young girl says something like "surprised you know Fall Out Boy". Huh? "I don't...that's Tom's Diner...Suzanne Vega...the 80's...". She says "well, I was born in 1995." Sigh. I didn't ask her if she knew who William Holden was, she already thinks Tom Cruise is someone from her grandmother's generation.

Last edited:
So there's a coffee stand in the lobby of the building in which I work. I regularly stop by and grab a cup of coffee and a muffin or bagel or kolache or what have you. So this morning, I'm getting my coffee, and the young girl behind the counter is humming the tune Tom's Diner, a song from the 80's. It's one of those catchy tunes, the kind that gets stuck in your head all day, and it's also cool song because it mentions the death of William Holden and it's the inspiration for Monk's Cafe on Seinfeld...I digress. I start to instictually hum along. So the young girl says something like "surprised you know Fall Out Boy". Huh? "I don't...that's Tom's Diner...Suzanne Vega...the 80's...". She says "well, I was born in 1995." Sigh. I didn't ask her if she knew who William Holden was, she already thinks Tom Cruise is someone from her grandmother's generation.

Hmmmmm....
http://youtu.be/FLP6QluMlrg

as opposed to:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sCbS-TLEoRA

lol lol lol lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24